On 21.02.2013 21:35, Michael Stevens wrote:
That worked but why does that min-height work on the menu DIV but not the
page DIV? I made the page DIV, and actually just left it 'cause I forgot to
remove it, a min-height of 80em and it does nothing.

#page contains #footer and all else, and consequently it can't push anything but itself taller - #footer won't follow.
#menu on the other hand is above #footer, so it can push the #footer down.

Put a test-style like...
#page {outline: solid 1px red; min-height: 80em;}
...in there and see how it works with your min-height on #page.

To see how all containers relate to each others, test with something like...
div {outline: dotted 1px green;}

regards
        Georg