On 5 March 2013 14:15, David <grovesda...@linkhomes2000.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello, Thank you to all who replied; to my question. Firstly, can someone
please inform me how replies are made, do you leave previous conversations,
if so; top-reply; or bottom-reply?

I think the advised convention is to reply to all and not to top-post (as I
mistakenly did), and only to include past messages as part of your own
unless you're replying inline (like this). Official list policies are here
FYI:
http://www.css-discuss.org/policies.html

> Barney Carroll Wrote : I'm sure what you're trying to do can be done, but
"float the tables td's into place" is vague, in that we don't know what the
intent of 'into place' is.

> Reply:  All I wish to do, is keep all aligned as is, and move everything
up...

Did my explanation make any sense to you? I know floats and table layout
logic are a right pain to get to grips with — please elaborate on anything
you didn't understand. If any specific points feel vague, or didn't help
you, address these individually if need be.

"move everything up"

There are various ways of moving things up in CSS. First of all, decide by
how much you want to move things. Let's go for 4em for the sake of example.
Then there's the scope of 'everything': I'm going to take your `#content`
element, which contains the floated table cells within the block quote. My
suggestion would be to give it a negative margin. On line 83 of file1.css,
where the `#content` style rule is, I'll modify the margin property such
that the top value is no longer 20px but -4em, such that:

#content {
float : left;
width : 550px;
margin : 20px 20px 0 20px;