On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Micky Hulse <mickyhulse.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For a while now, I've been writing 90% of my media query syntax like so:
> @media screen and (<min/max-width>) { ... }

You know, it's strange ... It seems like everywhere I look people do:

@media only screen and (xxxxx) { ... }

But by default, when printing (and there's no print styles) the styles
not in media queries will print. When using the "mobile-first"
technique, that means that the printed page will be the mobile view.

Is it just me, or wouldn't it seem more prudent to feed printers the
desktop look/feel (as a default, if you didn't have a print-specific
style sheet)? I like the desktop view because it eats up fewer paper
pages.

I just wonder why I see so many people using "@media only screen" when
it seems like they could just be using @media by itself or "@media all
and".

Is this intentional, or a case of one person doing it one way first,
and everyone copying from that one source until it becomes the norm
default/example syntax?