Hello all,

Here are some general questions.

1. Are there layouts that can not be achieved by using multicol [1]?

2. Do people use both traditional style layouts (floats, etc) together with multi-columns.

3. Is multicol still buggy in browsers. I have seen some spectacular ones with flexbox.

My first test case shows that column with a valid value on an element establishes a block formatting context (make sense). This means that you can't use multicol for a sidebar and it must be float (or possibly absolutely positioned) and both the float and the multicol element must be given widths so you don't have overflowing of the viewport.

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-multicol/

Alan

--
Alan Gresley