Hello to All,
I recently upgraded Firefox to version22 and was surprised and confused to
learn this:

*Firefox 22 is now respecting the pixel density you've set on a system
level in the windows control panel > appearance > display. more information
about that is available at **
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger-or-smaller
*<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger-or-smaller>

So what this means is that any pages viewed in Firefox are now rendering as
if I have 'zoomed' in with a user "ctrl + +" and both text and images are
displaying larger than normal. This is forcing all my targeted CSS files
(using media queries) to display incorrectly. To see what I mean, view:
http://worqx.com/temp/FF-Chrome-IE.htm
In the screen shot above, I set the window size to "1024x768" with each of
the browsers web developer tool bars. Although the Firefox one should be
1024 pixels, it display at a real size of 1140 pixels as my Windows
settings are customized to be 110%.

I work on a large monitor, and for the most part, the only applications I
maximize to the full 1920 x 1200 viewable area are thing like Photoshop or
Illustrator. I keep browser windows at around 1024 or so I can have
multiple applications viewable at the same time.

Firefox now returns what 'should be' the CSS delivered to a tablet in
portrait view. To see screen shots of the comparison of Firefox and Chrome
at equal physical sizes, view this page: http://worqx.com/temp/FF-Chrome.htm

I was wondering a number of things...
1. Is there a way to target this with media queries (I read that now one
can target dpi, but I am curious if any one is doing so, what the problems
and/or negative effects of doing so will be.
2. Does this seem strange to others? I feel like I am back in 1996 and
facing the IE/Netscape browser wars once again.
3. Is this just the wave of the future and will all browsers be doing this
as well?

Help?
Thanks in advance for any insight.

Janet