Le 9 juil. 2013 à 10:20, Janet Lynn Ford <jlfor...@gmail.com> a écrit :

I'm not sure I understand what Firefox is doing. When I look at your
screenshots, the font-size in the UI is identical between Chrome, IE and
Firefox. But when I look at the text in the webpage, the text is visibly larger
in Fx compared to the other 2 browsers. I'm also not sure I understand what the
change of setting in the system control panel actually means, but that is an
aside.

Is that IE 10 in your screenshot? I would expect it to be more integrated into
the system.

> I was wondering a number of things...
> 1. Is there a way to target this with media queries (I read that now one
> can target dpi, but I am curious if any one is doing so, what the problems
> and/or negative effects of doing so will be.

Yes you can target the DPI:
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/#resolution

Won't buy you much, though. Your settings will be different from someone else.
I've found resolution based media queries only useful to load images in bitmap
format (PNG, jpeg) - low vs HiDPI (aka Retina displays).

> 2. Does this seem strange to others?

Yes

> 3. Is this just the wave of the future and will all browsers be doing this
> as well?

As noted above, it does seem wrong to me that the FX UI is doing something
different than the content part. It seems to me that it should scale
everything. Or is not the way that system setting works ?

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com