On 11/09/2013 7:01 PM, Albert van der Veen wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, had it fixed. Turned out to be a problem with
closing a <button> tag. I closed it like this:

<button type="submit" title="Search" class="searchbutton" />

which completely(!) messed up the page.

Now it's closed this way <button type="submit" title="Search"
class="searchbutton" ></button> and everything's fine :)

I'm aware of the validation errors, there's a div that's not closed. But
that's an error in the Magento code rendering the banner block on the
right - have to track that down.

Best,
Albert

Why are you asking for and IE9 and IE10 site check when the default mode is IE9 standards mode?

Since the page Doctype is XHTML 1.0 Strict (being serve as text/html), you can only use the ' />' closing on empty element [1]. <button> is not one of them.

1. http://justinsomnia.org/2005/12/there-are-only-10-legal-xhtml-empty-tags/

Alan

--
Alan Gresley