On Tuesday, September 16, 2014, John <j...@coffeeonmars.com> wrote:

> so, if rem units are specifically for type and not for positioning, then
> what about things like line-height? Should line-height be expressed in rems
> if the font-size is expressed in rems?
>
> I would think so, since line-height acts on the type, rather than on the
> type’s container..but I am not the oracle..
>
> ;-)
>
> Thank you,
>
> John

As far as I know, it's best to leave line height unit-less.

From:
http://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/l/line-height/

Unitless line heights are recommended due to the fact that child elements
will inherit the raw number value, rather than the computed value. With
this, child elements can compute their line heights based on their computed
font size, rather than inheriting an arbitrary value from a parent that is
more likely to need overriding.

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Front-End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com