MiB wrote:

You clearly [...] want to waste my time and the readers of this email
discussion list.

On the contrary, I want to challenge your assertion that "you can translate from px sizing to percentages" for all but the most trivial of cases. If /everything/ was originally expressed in pixels, then of course you can translate from px sizing to percentages (a child of five would know how to do that), but if some elements of the original design were expressed in less tangible units (percent, ems, rems, etc), then it should be patently obvious to you that you can NOT translate from px sizing to percentages.

Philip Taylor