nov 10 2014 04:33 Crest Christopher <crestchristop...@gmail.com>:

> You don’t consult user groups in your projects, Crest? They’d know.
>
> What ?

A user group is a stratified group of people that are giving you feedback on
your design. Legibility is one of the basic questions I always ask about. Users
normally know what they prefer. Users know and if not their behavior will still
make it clear.

I don’t pay these people, at least I haven’t needed to do that so far. They do
it for different reasons, like they’re interested in the company I develop for
(The client), the product behind it or are principal users of the coming or
existing web site, like employees or in another business relationship with the
client. At minimum they devote maybe 20-60 minutes a weekly or biweekly,
depending on interest.

It took me along time to get clients onboard with this. It has the befit to
make the clients take one step back in their sometimes heavy-handed involvement
in the design as they learn the web site is not for them, but for the users.

Anyway, your question in itself was actually off topic, so we better stop
there. (Legibility in this case is a design issue and not directly dependent on
CSS).

While not related to your question the CSS property optimizeLegibility is of
course on topic. :
http://aestheticallyloyal.com/public/optimize-legibility/