nov 10 2014 05:04 Felix Miata <mrma...@earthlink.net>:

> ATM I cannot fathom the right words to share in public describing any
> recommendation of use of an 8px font size. It's hard enough to find sharable
> words for recommending px for font sizing in any context. By definition, px
> font sizes disregard whatever size users find optimal, and that, besides
> being rude, is inconsistent with my understanding of the reasons for and
> nature of responsive design.

Do px even work in a meaningful way on mobile displays? While I do think about
px regarding base font size as a variation, it stops there. The base font size
is not 16 px, it’s ”x” px as it’s unknown. Therefore IMHO any design decisions
based on font size have to be expressed in relative terms. The base size is
what it is and not what we, as designers, hope.