> On Jan 10, 2015, at 10:05 AM, Chick Newman <ch...@newmanveterinary.com> wrote:
>
> What I'd like to know is whether this query will apply to all devices whose
> maximum  viewports are smaller than 600 px, e,g, if it  is only 380 px. If
> not, does that mean I have to set up a max-width property specific for every
> hand-held device on the planet? Is there a way to specifiy all devices whose
> viewports are smaller than 600px?

It looks like your query will handle 600px and smaller, yes. But to my
experience, the more important question than “one size fits all” is what
actually happens when you get to 320px? Do things make sense visually, or is an
additional set of rules necessary to ensure a good User experience at 320, or
at any other size that’s likely to be encountered?

There are charts out there which offer granular detail on what looks like every
web-capable gizmo on earth, and there are other spots, like Chris Coyer’s CSS
tricks which offer some *recommended* media queries, which likely handle all
the viewport sizes, but I think like any good soup, you need to taste it
yourself, and add salt if needed.