I would recommend using min-width MQs. That will apply the styles to
devices whose width is AT LEAST as wide as the designated width in the MQ.

What I do is set base styles that apply to all devices up to the next
min-width MQ. These base styles cover the multitude of size differences. At
the first MQ breakpoint, I just add styles to tweak the layout for the
content at that size. Repeat.

HTH