> Le 23 janv. 2015 à 11:36, gpalz <gp...@optimum.net> a écrit :
>
> I have a client who wishes to have body copy as Helvetica Light. I'm on a pc
> and have Helvetica LT Std. The following font-weights produce the following
> results:
>
> Anything between 100-500/Lighter appears as normal. 600 and 700 appears as
> bold and 900 appears as Black.
>
> How does one target Light? Thank you for your time and guidance.
>
> |body{
>   font-family:  "Helvetica, Arial,sans-serif;     font-weight:  200;
> }

If the font is named “Helvetica LT Std” then you probably want to name it thus
in your stylesheet. That said, as Gjim already noted, (very) few people will
have that font available. @font-face is the way to go then.

If you really mean to use “Helvetica” then
1/ remove that stray quote before its name in your code and
2/ instead of font-weight: 200, use font-weight: 300. That will show “Helvetica
Light” on OS X 10.6+ and iOS 8 (font-weight: 200 would show the “thin” face
instead). Other OS would see Arial if available or their default OS font. If
you include “Roboto” in your font-stack, users of Android 4.3 and newer will
also see a “lighter” font-weight. Windows users are the losers…

Have fun,
Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh