7 sep 2015 kl. 21:07 skrev Philip Taylor <p.tay...@rhul.ac.uk>:

> MiB wrote:
>
>> sep 3 2015 16:16 marie-ange.demeulemees...@bnpparibasfortis.com:
>>
>>> The only way to detect Android is [J]avaS[c]ript.
>>
>> It’s kinda pointless attempting to do this yourself as there are frameworks
>> for this, also commercial.
>
> I would respectfully disagree.  It is /never/ pointless to attempt to do
> something oneself that could be accomplished using a library routine /
> framework / w-h-y.  By attempting to do it oneself, one learns; by using
> a library routine / framework / w-h-y, one learns almost nothing.
>
> Philip Taylor

Well put, Philip.
I’m just lazy that way and I choose where to invest my energy, which is the
server back end.  But if it was a paying customer that needed this i’d choose a
commercial alternative or a framework to save them the expense for me learning
this. If it was a pro bono job I’d contemplate spending time also on learning
something like this.

It’s always wise to leave as many options on the table as there are, until you
need to make the choice.