(Sent two messages before this one. Not sure if they made it through, but this
is both combined. Sorry for the spam)

Hi Tom,
I would have IMGs set to 100% width height auto and the IMG containers set to
100% width except they have a max-width and min-width set.
The max-width size keeps them from becoming too large on a big screen and the
min-width keeps them from becoming too small.
Any width that is between the max-width and min-width would have 100% width
containers and thus 100% width IMGs.

Also, the containers don't have to be 100%, they can be a pixel size too or a
different percentage.
For instance, the green box with the image, I would set that image container to
70% because it looks to take up 70% of the green box
and set a max-width of say 150px because that looks to be how big it is with a
wide screen.

At least that is how I do it and it works great for my situations.

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com