Sorry,

my first mail had an syntax error and was not clear enough, ill try again.

here is an example of :target
http://osku.de/post/css-target-source-example1.html

there we have a single css definition:
:target { background: green; }

so when we click a link (with eg. href="#foo") in the unordered list, you
can see the "active" target (with eg. id="foo") change and leave their
background to green. and all this with one css rule, pretty cool!

now, i'm trying to findout if there is a css pseudo-class that would be the
source of :target.

lets pretend the pseudo-class im looking for is called :source and i would
have css like this:
:source { background: red; }

here is an example what it would do ("polyfilled" with javascript but
apparently we cant just create our own pseudo-classes, so this example uses
.source instead of :source):
http://osku.de/post/css-target-source-example2.html

so when you click a link (with eg. href="#foo") in the unordered list, you
can see the "active" source (with eg. href="#foo") change and leave their
background to red.

I hope its more clear now, and still wonder if:

- Is there really no such pseudo-class?
- Would this be technically impossible?
- Has this been proposed before?
- Any tips for proposing one? ;P