-Caveat Lector-

In my mind, simplistic as it is, I, too, felt there was something too
convenient and obvious about targeting Orenthal.  It occurred to me that he
was set up because he (or someone close to him) p'd someone off.  Of
course, conventional thinking is that if someone is guilty, the best thing
to do is deprive that person of life (execution/hit), liberty
(incarceration), happiness (cornucopia).  If indeed he did p someone off,
what he has endured/suffered is almost a living and breathing torture.  If
someone evil and devious (not to mention professional) was to inflict such
treatment on someone, it seems to have worked out almost too well.

1)  Scared him real good.  With the police, the real (assumed)
perpetrators, the media, Martia Clark, and whohaveyou after him, I think
this was fairly effective.  Slow-speed chase?  Allowing the MAXIMUM of
police and media involvement until they got all their protection/coverage
in place?  Kato as a character witness?  I think he may have been relieved
to be put in jail after all.
2)  Destroyed his credibility with his family.  Oh, of course, Mom and his
immediate family rushed to his side.  However, there's the in-laws and the
kids and the O.J.-idolators whose support he lost.  Tug-o-war with the
in-laws on custody of the kids.
3)  Destroyed his career prospects.  Hertz, broadcasting, whathaveyou.
4)  Destroyed his lifestyle.  They bulldozed his house the other one was on
the market for eons.  Had to take a cut in cash-flow due to (3) above.
Left with his NFL pension ($25K a month ?) ?
5)  Destroyed his standing in sports.  Didn't he have to return some of his
awards/trophies?  Did he suffer the same fate as Pete Rose as far a being
an enduring sports legend?
6)  Left him to live and reflect on whatever happened.  And 'pay' via the
wrongful death lawsuit.

Gee, if someone were to want to really influence someone's life in a very
"nagative" manner, as they might say at the Institute of Vengeful Arts,
"Let him stew in his own 'Juice'-ness!"

A<>E<>R

The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes
but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust