-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/24/98 11:08:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Well, at long last. I'm so glad to hear someone else say it. Seemed
>  to me that all through this business Starr's "investigation," and the
>  House Committee has been dealing with Clinton as if he were a bad
>  child who had no other right than to hang his head, admit he was
>  "bad," and take his punishment. As if any attempt to defend himself
>  was "abuse of power"--or childish impertinence before a Higher
>  Power. And it is strange to realize how much of this business has to
>  do with childish wishes for "revenge."
>  sno0wl

It's a damned shame that this sorry mess has unfolded the way it has. But
don't forget that Clinton was impeached for perjury about sex because, for
assorted reasons, they weren't able, or were afraid to, stick him with the
real stuff, such as treason. That Clinton should have been impeached is an
inarguable point. And it would be an excellent step in the right direction if
the ball could be kept rolling and everybody else would be impeached too. The
way it's worked out though, it's like that ice cream cone you dropped in the
sand.

Jim