-Caveat Lector-

MJ:
       So protection of property should NOT be the function of government?
       What should?

Edward:
   That's easy. According to Social Darwinists, it should be the crushing
   protective arm of the parasitic elite. You know, the ones who gripe about
   having to pay their share of living in a free society, and can't understand
   why people who "pull themselves up by their own bootstraps" keep falling
over?
MJ:
What exactly is 'their share'?
Government should serve ONLY to provide ALL individuals protection fron
FORCE and FRAUD ... certainly that should take closer to 5% of one's
earnings rather than 50% plus.

For the Government to 'care for' or 'provide for' these urban outdoorsmen
(who are reaping the net result of the CHOICES they made) it must first
TAKE from others.  How is this 'fair' to those 'gripers' you describe above?

Throwing around emotives like 'Social Darwinists' ... if one has the
RIGHT to survival ... he has the RIGHT to enslave another for such
a purpose.

Edward from a different form of this thread:
   Who said I was compassionate: more like I know "their" side of things.
   I've been there and done that, thanks to one of those "great Republicans."
MJ:
Yes, this is typical ... blame *ANYONE* but one's self.  Who -- exactly -- made
those choices which placed you in the predicament?  Who failed to plan for
this predicament?  Who failed to 'diversify' your abilities/qualifications?
Who chose to frivolous actions rather than saving for the 'rainy day'?

Edward from a different form of this thread:
   Of course, that's what Republicans and Libertarians do: they gain their
   popularity, as fascists always have, by stepping on the ones who cannot
   defend themselves.

MJ:
   fascism (fàsh´îz´em) noun
   a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
       a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
       opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
       belligerent nationalism and racism.
    b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such
       a system of government.

Well that certainly defines (in part) our current duopoly lead by the social
Democrats and 'holier than thou' Republicans ... since fascism is a form
of Statism, who would be surprised.

How exactly does the Libertarian Party's platform endorse such activities?
>From what I have read they merely desire to permit everyone to do whatever
they desire so long as they respect other's rights to do the same.

Edward from a different form of this thread:
     By passing the "blame buck" onto the defenseless, they figure they wont
     have to catch the hell they deserve for being scum!
MJ:
When one is free to make his own decisions, how is it another's fault when
the results prove deficient?

Are you fearful of freedom?
Why must you carelessly toss around emotive language in an attempt to
obscure the issue?

Regard$,
--MJ

When I was a small boy I was always being told by others, especially
grown ups, to behave, to be good. It never occurred to me that I was
always behaving in some manner. But I didn't have the awareness or
skill to ask those grown ups what they meant when they told me to
behave and to be good. Now I realize that all they wanted was for me
to conform to their idea of what was good and not to do what they
called bad behavior, which they sometimes changed at will. Even
today people are still telling me how I should behave, but now I ask
what they mean and sometimes it drives them up a wall.  -- Sidney Madwed