-Caveat Lector-

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Linda Minor wrote:
>The point so many people seem to be missing

No, most of us aren't 'missing' it, we recognize that it's not relevant.

>is that this whole scandal
>started with a lawsuit brought by a woman whose credibility is severely in
>question, at a time when the law was not even clear whether a civil lawsuit
>could be brought against a sitting president.

So, you damn your own case.   IF there was this supposed 'timetable
bombshell' which would absolutely 'prove' Paula Jones' credibility was
questionable, then why did Klinton lie to the grand jury?  Why not just
take the Fifth and trust to 'the bombshell' proving how incredible Jones'
was?

>Clearly, lawyers--including
>friends and associates of Kenneth Starr--approached Ms. Jones with offers to
>take her case and somehow come up with money for her living expenses in
>order to argue the position that a president can be sued during his term.

Even if true, totally irrelevant.

>Suppose for a moment that she lied about what happened.  Suppose also that
>the lawyers were acting on behalf of politically motivated individuals who
>hate Clinton for political reasons only--because his policies hurt their
>pocketbooks, for example.  Suppose these same people knew Monica's
>proclivities and Bill's weakness and set up a scenario for him to fall into,
>while at the same time pushing the Jones case through the court so that
>depositions could be taken.  Then they monitored Monica's reports through
>agents Tripp and Goldberg, making sure any available evidence (like the
>dress) is preserved.

Suppose, suppose, suppose...all your suppositions are totally irrelevant.

Suppose this...suppose we had an HONEST man in the office of the
presidency who didn't need a staff devoted to 'bimbo control' (where
there's smoke, there's fire)...suppose we had a man in office who
RESPECTED that office, and didn't use the taxpayers' funded House for
sexcapades with his employees...suppose we had a President who knew,
understood, and HONORED the Constitution and the rule of law, and would
never dream of committing perjury, and obstructing justice...

No, I guess you Klintonistas CAN'T, can you?

June

      The melancholy days are come, the saddest of the year,
      Of wailing winds and naked woods, and meadows brown and sear.
        -- Wm. Cullen Bryant:  The Death of the Flowers
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
                        revcoal AT connix DOT com
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to this email
 address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of
 $500.00 US currency for reading and deleting such unsolicited commercial
 email.  Sending such email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants consent to receive
 unsolicited commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial
 email.