-Caveat Lector-

At 12:17 PM 1/15/99 -0600, Linda Minor wrote:
> -Caveat Lector-
>
>Carlene M. Wojahn wrote:
>>>
>>> Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Isn't the only thing Clinton admitted
>>> lying about the fact that he had sex with Monica Lewinsky?
>>
>>Ahhhhhhh.......but he hasn't admitted that..you see they didn't have sexual
>>relations...he wasn't having any with her, she was having relations with
>him.
>
>+++++++++++++++
>The point so many people seem to be missing is that this whole scandal
>started with a lawsuit brought by a woman whose credibility is severely in
>question, at a time when the law was not even clear whether a civil lawsuit
>could be brought against a sitting president.

The law was clear to everyone, especially Clinton and his counsel.

---Snip-----

>Suppose for a moment that she lied about what happened.  Suppose also that
>the lawyers were acting on behalf of politically motivated individuals who
>hate Clinton for political reasons only--because his policies hurt their
>pocketbooks, for example.

Lawyers taking a matter to trial on behalf of politically motivated
plaintiff(s) - now that's something that you don't see every single day on
every docket in the country!!

Suppose these same people knew Monica's
>proclivities and Bill's weakness and set up a scenario for him to fall into,
>while at the same time pushing the Jones case through the court so that
>depositions could be taken.  Then they monitored Monica's reports through
>agents Tripp and Goldberg, making sure any available evidence (like the
>dress) is preserved.
>
>I believe this scenario--given the connections between Ted and Barbara
>Olson, Kenneth Starr, the Rutherford Foundation and Richard Mellon
>Scaife--is much more credible than the "common sense" allegations Starr
>presented to Congress, without any real evidence, such as any small-town
>prosecutor in Texas would have to have in order to convict anybody for
>anything.  If the real evidence he had, and the way he got it were revealed,
>and were subject to cross-examination in a real court, the judge would
>dismiss the case without presenting it to the jury.
>
>Linda

Assuming, arguendo, that your imaginary scenario is true, it proves nothing
other than Clinton is lacking in self-control and easily manipulated.  The
rest is entertaining, but clearly irrelevant.

Barb