[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< > A friend of mine said the exact same thing to me today.  He said that the
only
 > difference between the US today and Nazi Germany is that they got to wear
 > "really cool uniforms" and we don't.  The Fourth Reich is alive and well in
 > the good old US of A.
 > Teo1000

 This is only true for some minorities and political views. Otherwise,
 the above
 statements are way exaggerated as far as most Americans are concerned.

 J2

This might be true in an operative sense, but I do believe that we are just
one step away from tyranny.  There IS much exaggeration on both sides of this
issue; the "Patriots" say we live in an oppressive Nazi regime where we have
no freedoms left, while the "left" tells us that all is well on the home
front.  The truth is in between somewhere, BUT IMO it is leaning heavily in
the direction of fascistic "Nazi-like" tyranny.
We DO have a measure of freedom left to us, but anyone who examines things can
see that those freedoms that we do have are dwindling under the oppressiveness
of national law and statute, as well as corporate constructs which are
supported by the government in a very fascistic way I might add.
So the statement may be exaggeration but not much IMO.
Teo1000