-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 2/2/99 12:03:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< In a message dated 99-02-02 11:24:21 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

 > On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Kris Millegan wrote:
 >
 >  >  Frank,
 >  >
 >  > Please do not keep us informed of your personal affrontations. They are
 > off-
 >  > topic and do not belong on this list. so keep it up or you can go whine
 > about
 >  > ME on some other lists.
 >  >
 >  Don't worry boss. I'll tow the line...for America online. You are about 50
 >  posts behind the personal factor here which was resolved long ago. Now I
 >  have to wonder if this list is a "prawn" in the AOL game, in other words a
 >  little conpiracy against free internet expression in its own right.

     If there are valid reasons to question the motives of list
 owners/moderators, seems to me nothing could be MORE relevant to a conspiracy
 discussion list.  We're not here to spare egos or feelings -- we're here to
 try to sort the wheat from the chaff and get to the truth about vital
matters.

     We question the motives of government agencies and well-accepted dogmas.
 We should be aware that infiltration of conspiracy discussion groups is not
 only possible, but likely.  Motives ARE relevant.  Please free this list up
 discuss such matters.
 Samantha

I might agree with this, at least in part, but it would depend upon what it is
you wanted to discuss.  Let us say for the sake of argument that I am a shill
for the government and that my being an editor of CTRL enables me to stifle
unwanted discussion.  Do you propose to just come on list and fling personal
invective against me?  If that is what you want to discuss then go somewhere
else.  Even if I were an agent and controlling content this is still not the
place to be engaging in personal attacks.  Post arguments based on what I have
said to illustrate your contention and allow me an opportunity to respond to
your claims, without the personal crap.  This is all said just hypothetically
of course, because I'm not an agent of anybody (Of course some of you MAY
believe otherwise.).  One more thing that is important.  There are certain
guidelines that this list has, PERIOD.  If the discussion of control of the
list and it's possible conspiratorial angles leads into more nazi propaganda
and Holocaust denial then it too has no place being discussed here.  Lastly my
comments must fall by the wayside in light of whatever ruling Kris makes on a
matter of discussion.  I am just and editor, he OWNS the list.  They are his
rules (which I mostly agree with anyway) and they are rules that must be
obeyed, period.  As to what can be discussed I leave it up to him and will
abide by his decisions, hell he has even castigated me for getting to personal
in my responses to others on this list so I am not immune to being whacked
when appropriate.  I don't blindly accept his pronouncements either, we differ
on some issues, but in the end it is his list and he can do with it as he
pleases, and if I or anybody else doesn't like it we can all unsubscribe and
go elsewhere.
Teo1000