FRIDAY
DECEMBER 04
1998

WND Exclusive
THE O.J. COVER-UP -- Part 2
How 'hitman' met Simpson
Wasz says he was first hired
to supply cocaine to Nicole

Editor's note: This is the second part of an ongoing series of stories based on a seven-month WorldNetDaily investigation into the events surrounding the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson. The investigation includes exclusive interviews, conducted in person and by telephone, with key witness Bill Wasz, now serving time in a high-security prison for other crimes.

By David M. Bresnahan
© 1998, WorldNetDaily.com

It was in late October 1993 when Bill Wasz, 35, was introduced to Robert Kardashian and O.J. Simpson by a bouncer in the Roxbury Club in Los Angeles. Wasz remembers the bouncer's name as Steve, and claims he was once a professional hockey player.

Wasz had a thriving cocaine business. He had various contacts in clubs, like Steve, who would introduce him to people who wanted drugs. That night he was introduced to Kardashian and O.J. because, he says, the young women who were with them wanted cocaine.

"Robert Kardashian struck up a conversation with me and informed me that he was with his friend O.J., who he went and retrieved for me to meet. I was introduced, then Kardashian gave me $350 for the eighth (of cocaine)," explained Wasz.

The meeting only lasted a few minutes. Wasz gave Kardashian his phone number and departed. Over the next several months he would be called upon many times by both Kardashian and O.J.

Evidence obtained by WorldNetDaily shows that Kardashian and O.J. did frequent the Roxbury, and charge card receipts show they were there during the time Wasz claims they met. A witness has also verified the meeting. Kardashian at one time denied being there.

Within days of the initial meeting, Wasz says, Kardashian personally phoned and asked him to deliver cocaine to the home of O.J.

"He stated that O.J. was in need of some coke and that I should drive to his home and ring the intercom box. I asked how much O.J. needed and was told an eighth. I stated the price would be $350 and asked for directions to his home," described Wasz of the first of many purchases. He was given O.J.'s private number in case he needed to call for better directions.

Wasz rang the bell, spoke to O.J. and waited in his car to make the sale. He says O.J. joined him in the car where they made the exchange. It was at that time that O.J. mentioned he was with a young woman and how excited she was to be with him.

"He wanted an ego injection of some sort from me and that's simply not me. My ego alone is enough for me to handle, let alone his," said Wasz, who is 190 pounds, 6'6" and blond. He describes himself as extremely attractive to women.

That was the first of many transactions which took place outside the Rockingham home, according to Wasz. On two of those occasions Wasz says O.J. sent Nicole out to make the purchase.

"She struck me as somewhat of a talker, and self-confident to the extreme," remembered Wasz. He said she liked talking about antiques, but she also made no secret about the fact that she and O.J. would personally make use of the cocaine she was buying.

"When no mention of it (use of cocaine) came out in the trial, I was sort of shocked that they would disregard such an important factor," commented Wasz of the trial of the century. "Important because in order to understand what was going on you have to equate the reality of the situation and not glorify the cause of battered women.

"Granted, it is a problem in America, but one cannot exclude what brought on those tirades. Both were at fault, and I heard on many occasions that she swung first," explained Wasz about the abuse O.J. had been accused of. "Not to condone him, but two people doing coke and one swings on the other, well the other's actions will be quite predictable."

Kardashian, O.J. and Nicole provided Wasz with some significant drug business for several months -- for themselves and their friends, he says. He would obtain cocaine for $60 to $70 and sell it to them for $350. It was a transaction he completed numerous times a day for a number of clients, so Wasz was making a substantial profit. He says most of it went into his own drug use and fast lifestyle.

"I could only imagine how much money passed through my hands, only to be thrown away," says Wasz.

Kardashian himself was not a drug user, according to Wasz. He claims that Kardashian obtained drugs for various business clients. He says that Kardashian and O.J. were involved in organized crime activities that included money laundering, prostitution, pornography, sports betting and point shaving.

When Kardashian needed cocaine, Wasz says he would arrange to meet him in the parking lot of a McDonald's restaurant on Ventura in Encino, not far from one of his homes.

It was just after Christmas 1993 when Wasz received a different type of call from Kardashian. This call sounded like an easy way for Wasz to make some fast money. It turned out to be the beginning of one of the most well-known murder stories in history.

"He asked whether I'd be interested in making some extra money," says Wasz of the fateful call. Fast, easy money was always of interest to him, so Wasz agreed to the assignment. He thought it would be quick and easy.

Kardashian complained about Nicole, telling Wasz that she was unfaithful to O.J. He wanted Wasz to follow her and take pictures of other men she might be with so they could be sure of her unfaithfulness.

Kardashian offered $1,000 for the surveillance, and Wasz agreed to what he considered easy money. He says that for some reason Kardashian wanted the surveillance to take place on the last weekend of the first week in January 1994.

Wasz is quick to point out that the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office were fully aware of his story. He says they interviewed him about it shortly after the murder of Nicole.

For the past seven months, Wasz has written extensively of his experience, and he has provided phone and personal interviews exclusively to WorldNetDaily. It has been obvious that he is extremely intelligent and well-educated. He is able to remember fine details and repeat them months later without discrepancy.

He claims that he was willing to provide full cooperation to law enforcement in return for protection and a chance to shorten his 20-year sentence on unrelated counts. He knew that his involvement with Kardashian should be significant to any real effort to find out who killed Nicole, and so he was surprised when no one showed any interest.

It was nearly 30 years ago that Kardashian and O.J. first met while playing tennis. They have been close friends and business partners ever since. During the murder trial, it was Kardashian who read O.J.'s letter to the nation during the dramatic "slow speed" Bronco chase. It was Kardashian who was a daily visitor to O.J. in jail, and his spokesman to the world.

Kardashian reactivated his license to practice law, three years after it lapsed and 20 years after he was last inside a courtroom. He says he did so to help O.J. as a volunteer on his legal team. He was faithfully sitting beside O.J. throughout the trial.

Wasz claims Kardashian was there for another reason, and adds that it was all planned and staged -- from the Bronco ride to the courtroom.

WorldNetDaily will continue to detail this untold side of the O.J. Simpson case, along with evidence obtained to support Wasz's claims.

Next: Moment by moment, the surveillance of Nicole as performed by Wasz, and the controversial notebook being held by police.

David M. Bresnahan, a contributing editor for WorldNetDaily.com, is the author of "Cover Up: The Art and Science of Political Deception," and offers a monthly newsletter "Talk USA Investigative Reports." He may be reached through email and also maintains a website.

Wasz welcomes the opportunity to respond to letters from the public. He asks those who write to provide paper, and a self-addressed stamped envelope for reply. Bill Wasz #H-64450, D-2 143, P.O. Box 5002, Calipatria, CA 92233-5002.

Click here for more information!

CONTACT WND | SUPPORT WND | GO TO PAGE ONE | SEARCH WND

WorldNetDaily.com

© 1998 Western Journalism Center
This page was last built 12/6/98; 12:32:52 AM    Site scripted with UserLand Frontier
Direct corrections and technical inquiries to [EMAIL PROTECTED]