-Caveat Lector-

On 6 Feb 99, , nurev wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> "M. A. Johnson" wrote:
> >
> >  -Caveat Lector-
> >
> > Jeremy Brown:
> >       The point I am trying (in vain, it would appear) to make is that there
> >       are people in the world who think nothing of starting the day by
> >       smoking a rock of crack and then driving a school bus.
> >
> > MJ:
> > How exactly is passing a Law which says one cannot 'smoke a rock
> > of crack' going to ensure 'people' are NOT going to then 'drive a
> > school bus'?
> >
> > We have discriminatory drunk driving laws currently, but 'people' STILL
> > choose this behavior.
> >
> > Regard$,
> > --MJ
> >
> > Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.
> >  -- Jean-Jacques Rousseau
>
> A law is like a warning. The law won't stop you from doing the act.
> BUT!
> If you do the act anyway and get caught, you will be punished for
> breaking
> the law AND getting caught. Obviously drunk drivers should be jailed
> for
> a considerable amount of time. Just to make a good impression.
>
> Since the state licenses you to drive, the state should REVOKE your
> license
> when you don't follow the law. Yes there are stupid laws on the books,
> but
> some of them are not. Safety laws are not.
>
> This is how modern society is organized. If you don't like it, move to
> Libertaria.

Hates to mention it , guys, but we already have very strict laws against "Driving Under
the Influence"--that's the influence of drugs OR alcohol. If you are cauight Driving
Under
the Influence, your car can be impounded, you can lose your license (which means, in
some places, not being able to work) AND end up with a looooong jail sentence.

sno0wl