-Caveat Lector-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Eric Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>The only natural place they are found is the intestinal tract -- they're
> >>part of the digestive process, and help break down solid food...
> >======================================================================
> >This is precisely where I remain confused.  Just to make sure I have you
> >correctly: the same organisms that already exist inside us are deadly
> >when they pass out of us and then back into us?
>
> Precisely...the very same organisms which are BENEFICIAL when they remain
> in the intestinal tract become DEADLY when they enter any other part of
> the body.
>
> Which is why they stress in nursing to be extra careful in washing the
> perianal area of patients, as it's quite easy to spread contamination via
> careless washing, with potentially deadly results...
>
> June

How do female animals stay alive that eat the feces of their young.  When the
decompasiton bacteria is there it kills the other stuff in feses, cowpies and on
your counter.  In other words if you have a heathy gut you can have a healthy
yard.  It is when we eat meat with meds and antibiotics - or we have taken
antibiotics that our feces go bad.  This may not be the only reason but it is
one.  In other words not all caca is bad caca.  Also when we think we have so much
bacteria in our kitchens, what bacteria do we have?
Laura
aka The Pied Piper