-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990210a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# UK GM rules could come 'quickly'. (BBC) Genetically-modified foods may be
regulated soon, despite the prime minister's refusal to post a moratorium.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_276000/276591.stm

@ And: Genetix Food Alert:
  http://www.essential-trading.co.uk/genetix.htm
# Hague tells scientists: Stop playing God
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_275000/275946.stm
# Blair rules out end to GM foods
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_271000/271590.stm

: Are we, and everything carbon-based we eat/drink/use, already GM? Is it
fun to play god? What GMs would you suggest? Which would you prohibit? Why?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Fridge freezer gets cool treatment. (BBC) This has got to be the coolest
gadget yet for the kitchen: a fridge freezer that is hooked up to the Net.
Screenfridge, as it is called, allows you to send and receive e-mail, watch
television, pay bills and handle personal banking. You can also keep food in
it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_276000/276870.stm

# Also: Free Net access for shoppers:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_265000/265740.stm
# Net scan-and-shop opens:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_259000/259364.stm
# UK losing out to US in online shopping:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_249000/249580.stm

: Do genetically-modified foods require web-linked storage? Will GM foods
talk directly to their fridges? Are you worried they'll gossip about you?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ ZETA TALK. ZetaTalk leads you through the vast amount of information being
relayed by the Zetas in answer to questions posed to their emissary, Nancy.
The ZetaTalk answers cover such subjects as portents of a Pole Shift and how
this relates to the coming millennium Transformation the world is about to
undergo; the self-centered or service-minded spiritual Orientation of humans
as well as aliens from other worlds and how inadvertently giving the Call to
aliens can put you in touch with one group or the other. http://zetatalk.com

: Do you trust messages from the Zetans? Why would they lie to us? What is
their secret agenda? Do they control human millennarian groups? Which ones?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Surfing on a matchbox. (BBC) The smallest web server yet has been built
and now runs a website. It is part of research to build wearable computers.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_276000/276762.stm

@ Links: Stanford's tiny web server: http://wearables.stanford.edu/
@ Phar Lap Software's server: http://smallest.pharlap.com/
@ Thumbcode background: http://boole.stanford.edu/thumbcode

: Will 1-chip servers be available this year? Would you have one implanted?
Will they have ID tags? Is this The Mark Of The Beast? Is being Beastly fun?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ VIBRANI'S ONE SOURCE. Welcome to Vibrani's One Source, the Keys of Ur.
Vibrani's focus is personal transformation through open knowledge for all,
communication, self-empowerment, compassion, integration, responsibility and
nurturing life, while always respecting autonomy. We herein explore possible
applications for universal issues and ways that we can bring metaphysical
and spiritual concepts into positive, healthy, practical usage, while
honoring diversity and the powerful, multidimensional, multifaceted,
immortal, divine beings we truly are. Go to: http://www.vibrani.com/

: Are you an immortal divine being? If not, why haven't you died yet? Have
you been transformed? Into what? Does it show? How many facets have you?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Pluto passes Neptune. A rearrangement of the Solar System's outer planets
is about to take place as tiny Pluto regains is crown as the most distant
planet. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_276000/276944.stm

# And: Pluto stays a planet
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_271000/271832.stm
# Pluto Finds A Friend:
  http://www.abqjournal.com/scitech/1sci01-31.htm
@ Links: Pluto fact sheet
  http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/plutofact.html
@ Pluto websites
  http://www.lowell.edu/users/buie/pluto/sites.html

: Would you volunteer for a Plutonian research station? Is it quiet there?
Do the Alpha Draconians already have an installation there? Is it clean?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ CELESTIAL HOME. Welcome, the great gamma burst detected Jan. 23, 1999 is
the first heavenly sign? Also SOHO went off line Jan. 21, 1999. Then Galleo
probe around Jupiter, went off line Feb. 1.1999. Could this be just
coinci-dence? Just as Marduk said. This is the Channeling of the Nibiru.
Visit and enjoy the poems and links and visit our friends. See the solar
disk, and city craft poems! Why have poets written poems about earth life?
Enter the artificial command environment!
http://home.earthlink.net/%7Edisks/index.htm

: Can we trust our friends the Nibiru? Will they bring beer to the party or
just mooch off the Alpha Draconians? Have gamma bursts affected your life?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

HotLinks:

# AbductionWatch Newsletter 15, special issue on 'Implants':
  http://linus.mcc.ac.uk/~moleary/ASKE/aw15.html
@ Register [starting Feb.11,1999] for the UFO Congress in Laughlin, Nevada
   on February 19th through 27th: http://www.ufocongress.com/
@ The Unauthorized Biography of George Bush:
  http://www.radix.net/~tarpley/bushb.htm#Table
@ Russia Tourism Pages - Comprehensive links for travel and tourism to the
   Russian Federation: http://russia-tourism.com
@ Spider webs made with and without caffeine:
  http://www.gday-mate.com/caffeine.htm
@ CHANNELED TEACHINGS FROM A PLEIADIAN THETA MASTER:
  http://www.angelfire.com/mt/bluestaralso/
@ THE STAR-BORNE HOMEPAGE - The Master Numbers 11:11 are appearing to mil-
   lions around Earth. What does it mean? www.nvisible.com/1111Doorway.html
@ 1968 Condon Report on UFOs: http://www.ncas.org/condon/

"Dawn crept slowly over the sparkling emerald expanse of the country club
golf course, trying ion vain to remember where she had dropped her car
keys." --Sally Sams

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * ICQ# 19633976 *
email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]