   Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 19:51:27 -0500
   From: Andrew Ormston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: The Stargate Conspiracy

"The Stargate Conspiracy" exposes the most insidious and dangerous plan of
our times. Centred on the search for lost secrets of the pyramid builders,
this extraordinary true story reveals the links between US scientific
intelligence agencies, Mars and ancient Egypt. For almost 50 years, like
Frankenstein's monster, this conspiracy has been put together from cultish
- but astonishingly powerful - belief systems, culminating in the emergence
of a new fundamentalism that is gathering strength by feeding on Millennium
fever.

Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince reveal the secret agenda that unites
apparently independent authors and researchers - including top names with
millions of readers worldwide - and which is targeted to all of us. The
Stargate Conspiracy reveals that even the genuine musteries of the gods
themselves have been hijacked by powerful cabals - whic include top
industrialists, politicians, scientists and intelligence agencies such as
MI5 and the CIA - in order to fulfill their secret agenda. At the heart of
this conspiracy is the belife that the ancient Egyptian gods we - and are -
extra terrestrial beings, that certain key people are in contact with them,
and that they are about to return through the 'stargate' between our world
and theirs.

Are we prepared for the imminent return of the gods? And will we be
expected unquestioningly to accept the conspirators as our spokesmen? Or is
this an exercise in mass manipulation designed to make us support the
conspirators? As they calculatedly whip up Millennium fever, triumphantly
persuading us that they alone know how to talk to the gods, this book
serves as a serious warning to mankind.

ISBN 0 316 64861 2 £18.99 320pp
June release
-----