-Caveat Lector-

On 9 Feb 99, , 1lls0081 wrote:

> ) as far as sex and marrying someone that young.  I guess those grey
> beards just can not get someone their own age to look at them as other
> then a mental juvinal.  Think of Cher - center fold of playboy at 50, and
> Dolly Parton with a child at 52.  Question Sno Owl if you had a chance at
> one of them would you pass up a sweet young thing???

Not so. Most of these greybeards have 20-30 something grown children--not to
mention their 50-60 something ex-wives somewhere, who are trying to figure out how
to survive.

And as for "passing up a sweet young thing"--that would certainly depend entirely on
circumstances. Right now, it would probably be entirely inappropriate. But ten or
fifteen
years ago, well, who knows....:))

I think you may have forgotten that somewhere close to 50% of marriages still do end
in divorce. And even as a feminist, I can see that many new "freedoms" left all to many
women even more open to exploitation, both by men and by the society at large.

(Statistics and studies--which, unfortunately, I can't cite, do tells us the majority
of
men don't divorce unless they already have someone else waiting in the wings, while
most women divorce because of domestic abuse and/or the spouse's infidelity.)

sno0wl