-Caveat Lector-

American Patriot Friends Network wrote:

> Subject: CFR Senators Vote To Acquitt or CFR Senators Vote To Approve
>      Jury Nullification
> Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:44:06 -0700
> From: Elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: roundtable <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Real-To:  Elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Roundtable:
>
> Just thought I'd try to see some positive
> use of this most negative outcome. It
> appears the LEGISLATIVE TRIBUNALS
> have confirmed that the jury can judge the
> law as well as the facts, or at least apply
> the law when they choose to.
>
> Otherwise, legislators must be seen as
> misprisions.

   I agree. We must use this as a way to explain the concept of jury
nullification. Everyone knows that Clinton broke the law. The facts are
pretty well known. However, the senate voted to ignore the facts and
instead judge the law. Their judgment seems to be that the law should
not cover these indiscretions and thus can be ignored. Similarly, those
of us who believe that some of the laws which the legislatures have
passed are not good laws are free to judge the law as well as the facts
in any case in which we may be called to act as jurors. We can now use
the precedent set by the Senate for our justification. If jury
nullification is good for the high and mighty, it is also good for the
low and meek.

Howard Davis