-Caveat Lector-

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: KKK says Jews and Nigs may be human.
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 21:14:39 -0800
From: nurev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 BIRMINGHAM, AL--For nearly 150
years, the Ku Klux Klan has been steadfast in
its commitment to the ideals of its founders.
These traditional values--preservation of White
cultural heritage, strict adherence to Christian
principles, and broad-based coalition-building
against the inferior dog-races of Asia and
Africa--have served to strengthen the Klan
throughout its long and proud history.

      But now, these time-honored traditions are
under siege.

      Though the midnight raids and public
hangings are no longer as visible as they once
were, the importance of preserving Klan tradition is now greater than
ever, as hundreds of loosely
associated KKK factions--some official, most not--struggle to preserve
a sense of unity in an
increasingly divided Aryan Nation.

      Today, the Klan's fragile, hard-won cohesion is unraveling, as a
splinter group of
progress-minded Klansmen is challenging one of the group's most dearly
held beliefs: the subhuman,
animal status of non-White minorities. This small group of reformers
is claiming nothing less than that
blacks and Jews may be partially related to human, or White, beings.
And that has many in the Klan
crying foul.

      "It's heresy is what it is," said Clement Dawes, former KKK
Grand Wizard and Clarksdale, MS,
yam farmer. "Saying that blacks and Jews are half-human, I can't
believe it. They may as well be
claiming that slavery and lynching are half-wrong."

      Critics say the reformers are betraying the teachings of their
forefathers. But the reformers say
they're only trying to bring the Klan into the modern era.

      "New advances in the mapping of the human genome show that
there's a strong possibility that
blacks and Jews--and perhaps even the wily Chinee--are partially
human, sharing some genetic
characteristics with Whites," said Reform KKK Grand Exalted Cyclops
Darrell Walker, speaking
from the splinter group's Birmingham headquarters. "I didn't set out
to be a crusader, but we cannot
blindly shut out the truth, however disturbing it may be. If we do, we
are as bad as the filthy, savage
blacks and Jews themselves, for as Jesus said, we have eyes but do not
see."

      Pastor Fred Knox of Smyrna, GA, Grand Exalted Dragon of the Ku
Klux Klan, disagreed.
"These liberal scum are selling out everything right and true that
they profess to believe in," Knox
said. "They do not deserve to wear the robes and hoods of a true
Klansman. It pains my heart to
hear such lies from the mouth of a White man."

      Stung by such criticism, Walker and his followers insist they
are as committed to virulent
race-hate as any God-fearing KKK member. Calling Knox's remarks "lies
twisting our words to his
own narrow-minded agenda," he said his group's motives are pure.

      "Why must they sow the seeds of discord instead of working with
us in peace? We all want to
drive the niggers back to Africa. We all hate the Jew bankers," Walker
said. "We all want the same
thing: for the mongrel races to be driven from our shores so that good
Christian White folk can live in
peace. Is that so wrong?"

      But to Walker's enemies, such pleas for tolerance and
understanding are merely the slippery,
fork-tongued rhetoric of Jew-loving race traitors.

      "Oh, the words fall like honey from his lips," said longtime KKK
member Anthony Couch of
Monroe, LA. "Mr. Walker distorts words like the Jew-run media. Blacks
part human--the very idea!
What does he expect us to do, half-hate them?"

      Some Klansmen say that while Walker's ideas are sound, he is
moving too quickly and should
aim for more gradual change.

      "People need time," said Grand Dragon Joseph Hamm, a noted
moderate. "You can't erase
deeply held beliefs just like that. He may as well expect the whole
Aryan community to magically
achieve widespread literacy, presto, overnight."

      Yet despite the opposition, Walker's movement is slowly winning
support. A growing number of
KKK members feel that the organization is too inflexible, and that
Klan doctrine is too
tradition-bound.

      "Of course, minorities should be hunted and persecuted; nobody's
saying they shouldn't," KKK
member Bob Parrish of Bessemer, AL, said. "But to ignore the truth is
to choose to live in ignorance,
and White people deserve better than that. These are the '90s. Will we
turn against each other in
superstition and prejudice? Or will we embrace the future and oppose
all non-Whites together as
brothers? It's time for a more enlightened hatred."

      Will Walker's tiny Reform KKK movement survive the death
threats, bomb scares and other
attacks from the traditionalists who oppose them? Will it someday
achieve its goal of transforming the
entire White supremacist movement? Only time will tell.

      "I see a day when we will no longer view ourselves as
'reformists' or 'traditionalists,' but simply as
Klansmen, united in our mutual hatred of others," Walker said. "I do
not know if I will live to see this
glorious day, but I do know this: The candle of truth will never be
snuffed out by fear, hatred and
ignorance. We shall overcome."