FROM PHOENIX, ARIZONA

The Special "Kosovo Crisis" Truth in Media Global Watch Bulletins, such as
the one enclosed below, can also be accessed at our Web site:
www.truthinmedia.org which is being updated throughout the day.

DAY 21, Update 2
-----------------------
Apr. 13, 1999; 10:30PM EDT

HEADLINES

Brisbane             1. More Fake Graves?

Alaska                2. Russian TV Coverage Disappears from C-Span

Washington        3. Buchanan on Kosovo: "The Mess They've Made"

Phoenix              4. Why Are the Serbs the New World Order's First Victims?

Indianapolis        5. Russian 19th Century Philosopher Predicted
Antichrist's Arrival

----------------------

1. More Fake Graves?

BRISBANE, Apr. 13 - Two TiM readers, half a world apart - one in Brisbane,
Australia, another in Minnesota - have independently concluded that the
satellite photos of the alleged new graves offered as "proof" of "Serb
atrocities" by Washington's "lie and deny" PR factory are - FAKES.  Here
was their reasoning (the photos are posted at our Web site within this
story so you can check them out for yourself):

"U.S. Lie Satellites! - ANOTHER PROPAGANDA CON," read the headline from a
message we received from Australia.  The photographs shown below came from
page 10 of Brisbane's Courier Mail, the main daily in this city.  They
purport to show "recently dug mass graves" (marked with the [] shape,
center of picture) near the Kosovo town of Pusto Selo.  Although the date
of 9 April is given on the picture on the right, no date is given on the
picture to the left.  This leaves the impression that the two photos are
"before and after" shots of the area.

"But the 'grave diggers' must have been busy little beavers," our
correspondent writes, "as new buildings have also "shot up"  while the
'graves' were being dug. (see top left corner of the right hand picture).

>From which our correspondent concludes:  "I am no aerial reconnaissance
expert, but considering it is spring in Kosovo, and it takes about 12 weeks
to erect a substantial building like the one in the photograph, the picture
on the left must have been taken in winter, and of course the alleged "
recently dug graves," and the many other minor landmarks not evident in the
left side photograph, would have been snow covered.  If this is not the
case then the left side pictures must have been taken before the last
winter and is so old no reasonable comparison could be made.  Or perhaps
they are both the same picture and the guy with the airbrush got carried
away, and wiped the house out?'"!

Our correspondent from Minnesota noticed some other oddities about this
satellite "proof" of nothing.  "I noted that the shadows of the buildings
are in exactly the same position in both pictures," he wrote.  " Were both
of these pictures somehow taken at exactly the same time of day, on exactly
the same day of the year, and from exactly the same place in the sky?
Unless this is a satellite photo from a satellite that is in a coordinated
orbit over Pusto Selo, there is something wrong with this skit."
---
TiM Ed.: Long time TiM readers will recall, of course, that fake satellite
photos are nothing new when it comes to the NOW "lie and deny" PR
con-artists manufacturing the "proof" of their claims.  Check out "Kosovo:
Srebrenica II?" (Day 8, Update 1, Item 5, Mar. 31 - available at our Web site).
---------------

2. Russian TV Coverage Disappears from C-Span

ALASKA, Apr. 13 - We received today the following feedback from a visitor
to our site, Rev. Steven Smith, a pastor from Alaska.  Here is his comment:

"Thank you for you site.  I am sure it has been all-consuming as a result
of the recent day events over Kosovo, note not Kosova! (the Albanian term).
 I am praying that prominent Americans, and more of the general public at
large, will dig beyond the surface and realize that there is more here than
meets the eye.

I am sorry that we have been cut off form Russian television in recent days
that was covering news from Serbia.  Russian television just vanished from
the C-Span coverage.  Probably the things that outrages me the most is that
our government has such control of the media coverage, and that it desires
to keep the American population ignorant.  If that doesn't border on
dictatorship I don't know what does.

Praying for the truth to come to the surface before it is to late."

Rev. Steven Smith
---------------

3. Buchanan on Kosovo: "The Mess They've Made"

WASHINGTON, Apr. 13 - The Republican presidential candidate, Pat Buchanan,
today lashed out once again at the Clinton administration's handling of the
Kosovo crisis in a column published today by the Washington Post on page
A21.  But don't bother looking for it at the Post's Web site.  We've tried.
 And came up empty-handed.  Which is why we cannot give you the URL to
Buchanan's article.  Instead, we bring it to you here in full:

"Three weeks into Bill Clinton's Balkan adventure and America risks a
debacle. The human rights crisis in Kosovo has exploded into a catastrophe.
Slobodan Milosevic is being rallied around like some Serbian Churchill.
Montenegro and Macedonia are destabilized; Russia is being swept by
anti-American jingoism; and U.S. troops may have to go marching into the
Big Muddy. Such are the fruits of Utopian crusades for global democracy.

The great lesson of Vietnam was: Before you commit the army, commit the
nation. Clinton and Madeleine Albright launched a war against Yugoslavia
with the support of neither.

Yet this debacle is not their doing alone. It is a product of the hubris of
a foreign policy elite that has for too long imbibed of its own moonshine
about America being the "world's last superpower" and "indispensable
nation." Even as we slashed our defenses to the smallest fraction of GDP
since before Pearl Harbor, the rhetoric has remained triumphalist, and the
commitments have kept on coming.

Responsibility must be shared by Congress, for Clinton's intent to launch
this Balkan war was long apparent. Yet Congress failed either to authorize
war or deny the president the right to attack.

With Milosevic still defying NATO, we are admonished that "failure is not
an option," the United States must do "whatever is necessary to win."
Otherwise, NATO's credibility will be destroyed.

But this is mindlessness. If the war was a folly to begin with, surely, the
answer is to cut our losses and let the idiot-adventurers who urged the
attack resign to write their memoirs, rather than send 100,000 U.S. troops
crashing into the Balkans to save the faces and careers of our blundering
strategists. Only a fanatic redoubles his energy when he has lost sight of
his goal.

After the Gallipolli disaster, Churchill went; after Suez, Eden went; after
the Bay of Pigs, Allen Dulles departed the CIA. Surely, this is a wiser,
more honorable, course than a ground war in Kosovo.

Moreover, Americans will not support "whatever is necessary to win." We are
not going to turn Belgrade into Hamburg. As one recalls the horror at
Nixon's "Christmas Bombing" that freed our POWs at a cost of 1,400 dead in
Hanoi, all but surgical bombing is out.

And if we send in the troops, what do we "win"? The right to say that NATO
defeated Serbia? The right to occupy Kosovo?

If, after we take Kosovo, the Serbs conduct a guerrilla war against our
troops, and the KLA begins a war of liberation to kick NATO out, annex
western Macedonia and unite with Tirana, our "victory" will have produced
the very disaster we wish to avoid.

"It is unworthy of a great state to dispute over something that does not
concern its own interests," said Bismarck, who called the entire Balkans
"not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier." When did that
peninsula become so critical to the United States that we would go to war
over whose flag flew over Pristina?

"Arm the Kosovars!" urge other armchair strategists. But do we really want
another Afghanistan -- in the underbelly of Europe?

What a mess the interventionists have made of it. Because the NATO
expansionists could not keep their hands off the alliance, they have
shattered the myth of its invincibility and may have called into being a
Moscow-Minsk-Beijing-Belgrade-Baghdad axis.

But maybe the foreign policy establishment needed a second Cold War, as
anything is preferable to irrelevance.

Out of this disaster, what lessons may be learned?

First, America cannot police the planet on a defense budget of 3 percent of
GDP. Our dearth of air-launched cruise missiles, the need to shift carriers
from the gulf, the delay in deploying the Apaches, the calling up of the
reserves -- all point to a military that is dangerously inadequate to the
global tasks we have added since the Cold War.

Unless America is prepared to restore Ronald Reagan's Army, Navy and Air
Force, we cannot stop a rearmed Russia in East Europe, police the Balkans,
roll back a second Iraqi attack on Kuwait, contain North Korea and prevent
another of Beijing's bullying assaults on Taipei. Should one or two of
these emergencies occur at once, we will be suddenly face to face with
foreign policy bankruptcy.

America must retrench and rearm.

What the United States needs today in the Balkans is a least-bad peace,
patrolled by Europeans, where Serbs rule Serbs, Croats Croats and Albanians
Albanians. And if, in the negotiations to end this tragedy, Belgrade cries,
"No American troops in Kosovo!" let us insist upon it, and bring our
soldiers home from Europe, as Ike told JFK to do nearly 40 years ago."
---------------

4. Why Are the Serbs the New World Order's First Victims?

PHOENIX, Apr. 13 - During the last three weeks of our non-stop coverage of
NATO's attack on Serbia, many TiM readers have asked us the question in the
title of this article: "Why are the Serbs the New World Order's First
Victims?"

Interestingly, this is the same question which some prescient TiM readers
asked us in the summer of 1997, nearly two years ago.  Having re-read our
answer to them, we find it as appropriate today as it was back then. Which
is why we bring it to you again.  Here's an excerpt from the TiM GW
Bulletin 97/8-3 (10-Aug-97):

QUESTION: "As with Stalin's plan (1923) for the destruction of Christianity
by destroying Germany via WW II... I wonder what is also special about the
Serbs that would make them the intended victims of the same leadership
types in the NWO Cabal?"
-----
Ed. The above TiM correspondent is a retired US Army officer, a
German-American who had served honorably in Vietnam, among other places.
He asked the above question in response to the TiM GW Bulletin 97/8-2 - re.
Holbrooke - the "Balkan Bully."  Our reply follows:
-----

TiM ANSWER: The Serbs were the easiest to kill or enslave among the
Orthodox Christians.  They are isolated and surrounded by enemies.  There
are only 10 million of them.  Plus, the Serbs are fierce freedom fighters.
Beating them to a pulp would discourage rebellion against the New World
Order (NWO) by others later on.  Also, the Serbs are the most "Western" of
all Orthodox Christians.

The Greeks may be next.  They are also isolated and surrounded by enemies.
Plus, a smaller nation than even the Serbs.  Notice that Bill Clinton has
appointed Richard Holbrooke a special envoy to Cyprus?  What Holbrooke did
to the Serbs in Bosnia, he is likely to do to the Greeks on Cyprus.

Killing, enslaving the Orthodox Christian Russia will take longer.  But the
process is already under way.  The methods are the same.  NATO is an "Iron
Ring" around Russia's European neck.  Islam will shackle her soft southern
underbelly.  China will finish the job from the east.

After the 250 million or so of Orthodox Christians are killed or enslaved,
the Protestant Christians will become the next target of the NWO.  They
will be easier to kill or enslave than the Catholics.  There are only 500
million Protestant adherents vs. over a billion Catholic ones.

Finally, the "NWO cabal," as you put it, will turn against the Catholics, too.

See a pattern?  Like a pack of hungry wolves converging on unsuspecting
animals, the NWO hyenas attack the weakest one first.  Among the
Christians, that was the Serbs.  That's why the Serbs were the first
victims.  That's why they need/deserve help from other Christians around
the world NOW - before the others become too weak to help.

The NWO is a reverse (and more perverse) form of the Crusades.  In fact, it
is a revenge for the Crusades.  It is a crusade against the Christians!

Of course, in reality, things are not going to be happening serially, as
described above, but in parallel - with the above order of targets
determining the NWO priorities.  So the actual process may be faster than
it seems.
---
TiM Ed.: Back to present time (Apr. 13, 1999)... the fact that the
preceding comments were published in August 1997, yet so few people headed
them back then, both in America and around the world, is an example of
complacency which is exceeded perhaps only by the world Christians' inertia
to the alarming reaction to our above TiM GW Bulletin written
contemporaneously by a theological scholar.  Which we also reproduce for
you below...
-----------

5. Russian 19th Century Philosopher Predicted Antichrist's Arrival

PHOENIX, Apr. 13 - What follows is a letter which we received from a TiM
reader in August 1997 from Prof. Charles Ashanin, of Indianapolis, Indiana:

"I must respond at once to your bulletin of August 7, 1997 - the one in
which you explain what is behind NWO persecution of the Serbs. First, and
foremost, unworthy though they (the Serbs) are because they fight each
other, because they are Orthodox Christians, at least historically
speaking, and their (shall I say our) situation can be understood in that
context.

As a historian of Christianity, I can testify to you that you were inspired
when you wrote what you did about the predicament and perils of Christians
in the world. The irony, Bob, is that the Antichrist, who is behind all
this, is uniting Western Christians, Roman Catholics and Protestants
against us (Orthodox Christians) without their knowing; blind fools, that
one day the same fate awaits them! But then it will be too late!

The famous Russian philosopher, Vladimir Solovyev, (d. 1900) wrote a book
called "Antichrist," in which he explains that the Antichrist will announce
his reign through and from the United States of Europe (the today's
NWO-although he does not use that term).

The Serbs were the first in the fourteenth century to face Antichrist when
the Turks invaded their lands. However, after five centuries of slavery
they survived, but Satan has been waiting to crush them. It began with the
Second World War when in Croatia alone 1,000,000 of them perished. Now
again he is at their throat through NWO. I will say no more.

What is reassuring to me is that lay people like us, see and understand all
this, even if our clerical leaders do not.  I congratulate you on this.

One Christian people who were the first to be attacked were the Armenians
in Turkey.  From 1896-1916, two to three million of them perished. Now the
turn has come of the Serbs. You put it well. Satan, the NWO goes for the
weak. Do not stop raising the alarm. The times are perilous-but God hears
the prayers of the righteous!"

Dr. Charles Ashanin, Ph.D. (Glasgow, Scotland), Professor Emeritus of Early
Church History