-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 4/15/99 9:36:41 AM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> That's
>  when somebody, I don't recall who, tagged it "Star Wars." Maybe some of it
>  was implemented, but essentially it stalled, was dead in the water, because
>  of media ridicule. Interestingly, now we're hearing members of the left
> bring
>  it up again, calling it a pretty good idea.

   Reagan alluded that Star Wars might be used to protect us from
other-worldy enemies.  We'll be nuked long before an effective system can be
developed to prevent it -- even if it had been fully funded in the '80's.

    I don't think we have the ability to develop and effective missile
defense system.  It's just throwing good money after bad, feeding the hungry
military-industrial complex.  Why the "left" (misnomer) is supporting it now
is beyond me, and I'm *one of them*.

Samm