-Caveat Lector-

"Hilary A. Thomas" wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> Hello all,
>
> I just came across some information.  Can any verify this?  Comments?
>
> "Executive Orders are for selling and purchasing of land.  And nothing
> else, in fact there is NO Constitutional Amendment to create an EO.  And
> until there is these EOs are NULL & VOID!!!"

My understanding of executive orders is that there are only two basis
for them in the Constitution. One would be as per your example and other
orders within government. For instance, Truman's order to integrate the
military, etc. The other possibility for executive orders is when the
country is in a state of emergence. There are two theories as to how
these possible situations apply to the people at this time. First, in
the case of executive orders only applying within the government. It is
thought by some that by voluntarily obtaining a social security account,
one becomes a part of the government and thus can be effected by
executive orders. As to the second situation. Some argue that Roosevelt
emergency declaration of March, 1933 (under which he ordered the banks
closed and the confiscation of American's gold) has never been ended and
thus we are still under emergency rule and thus ruled by executive
order. Under the later theory, we are really under a dictatorship and
the Congress' purpose is limited to setting policy, though it can be
over ruled by the president.

Howard Davis