-Caveat Lector-

>I understand where you are coming from, Andrew, but if/when Y2K hits, and
your door is broken down by a street gang who haven't had anything to eat
for a week, haven't had a drink of water for two days and haven't had a
cigarette for four days, I wonder where your altruistic sentiments will go
in a hurry? Like out the window? And will you then understand that the most
basic right we have is the right to defend ourselves?

Wait a minute. Surely you are not suggesting that in the event of a
natural disaster most people will refuse to share resources or to render
each other mutual aid, are you? This is not what happens in a natural
disaster. In a natural disaster virtually all people share, virtually all
people help each other out. This is a universal phenomenon. This happens
among all Peoples, of every race, every religion, every language group,
every trade, all ages,  both genders all hair styles, and every
persuasion. This happens in every kind of natural disaster known to
humanity, including earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, wild
fires, avalanches, mud slides, floods, and epidemics. It even happens
under conditions of man-made disasters like famine, war and ecocide. This
I have seen with my own eyes, as has anyone who has lived through a
disaster. Hell, I've even participated. I couldn't help it; I'm human.
That's how we humans are.

There is a minuscule minority who prey on others. There is an even more
minuscule number who will do so while looking down the barrel of a gun.
Better safe than sorry. But better still, plan ahead as communities.
Working together we can stop the technical problems of Y2K from becoming
social problems. Working alone we compound the problem. There are NO
individual solutions to collective problems. Get off your butts and
organize now. Start with your family, then your friends and neighbors. Do
NOT sit around waiting for business and government to save you. They're
the ones who got you into this mess in the first place.

A solid case could be made that Y2K is no natural disaster at all, not the
mother of screw ups, but part of a sinister and malicious plan. Either
mistakes were made or "Mistakes were made."  The ruling class has had
forty years to fix this. They haven't done so. Even now they are only
going through just enough of the motions to insure that they themselves
are not blamed. What have they done instead of fixing the problem? They
have built huge underground fortresses, some the size of small cities, and
stockpiled them for a lengthy siege. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Personally, I've stopped stressing about Y2K. I haven't stopped preparing
and organizing, but we all have something FAR more pressing to stress
about now, WAR. This war is SCARY. I haven't been this scared since the
Cuban Missile Crisis.  Never since have we been this close to being bombed
ourselves.   NATO is playing with fire here and we, my friends,  are right
smack dab in the middle of the frying pan.

Get off your butts and into the streets. It took YEARS  to stop the Viet
Nam war. We don't HAVE years to stop this war in the Balkans. If this
thing keeps headed in the direction it's headed now we'll be very lucky
just to LIVE till Y2K.