Subject: Re: Why Waco? Patriots Respond!
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 08:24:30 -0500
From: Carol Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Real-To:  Carol Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Please allow me to respond to Ms. Valentine's factually flawed response
to criticism of her work:

> Subject: Re: Why Waco? Patriots Respond!
> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 08:48:40 -0500
> From: "Carol A. Valentine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip non-valentine comments>

> Gary apparently has not read the US government's Treasury Report. On pg. 92
> it describes "former cult members" (note the plural use of the word) who
> were in the "Compound" at the time of the raid.
>
> http://www.mnsinc.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum/war/doc/w_doc16.gif
>
> These agents were apparently deployed throughout the building, studying and
> later reporting the reaction of the Davidians to the news of the impending
> ATF raid.

**What the Treasury reports as "former members in the Compound
at the time" who later gave the feds information are three people who
were members on February 28 and left the building after the raid.
One was Victoria Hollingsworth, an elderly lady who lost faith in
David Koresh after the raid.  One was Kathryn Schroeder who
was sent to a federal prison and there seriously intimidated with
lies that Hollingsworth's testimony would put her in prison for life
and she'd never see her kids again.  Both testified at trial against
Davidian defendants.  And 19 year old Oliver Gyarfas evidently
was bullied into giving the feds some information, but but he was
allowed to return to Australia and did not  testify at trial.  When
you bother to look at details you see no evidence to support
Ms. Valentine's irresponsible and libelous accusations that
these people were "government agents."

> There is other evidence, though.  For example, go to:
>
> http://www.mnsinc.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum/war/page/w_d.html
>
> and read "Smart Diagram of the Mt. Carmel Center "  and  "Dumb Diagram of
> the Mt. Carmel Center."  You will see evidence that a deep cover
> agent/agents were living amongst the Davidians, informing the govt. on the
> location of the living quarters and offices of the Davidians before the
> raid.

**I have heard that this map was made with information given by
Kathryn Schroeder after she was bullied.  Some of it may have
been supplied by Donald Bunds who was arrested on 2/28 trying
to return to Mount Carmel, held during the siege, bullied into
giving information, but not called at trial.  Neither were government
agents before the raid, as Ms. Valentine might infer.

> Deep cover agents also took down the ham radio tower before the ATF raid .
> . . and set up a virtual test laboratory of surveillance devices within the
> Mt. Carmel Center (see London Times article of March 21, 1993 at:
>
> http://www.mnsinc.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum/war/fig/w_fig01.jpg

**This article says nothing of the sort.  It merely talks about the kind
of surveillance that supposedly was being used *after* the raid happened.
Since all residents of Mount Carmel are known, and most are now
dead, it would lend some credibility if Ms. Valentine would name
these (assumedly still alive) deep cover agents.  But she has no
evidence and cannot do so.

<non valentine material deleted>

> C.Moore fails to mention, among other things, that the USHMM helped
> President Clinton hide the murders of the Davidians from the US public.
> How?
>
> The inferno at Mt. Carmel had hardly gone out when the USHMM presented
> Clinton as guest of honor at the dedication of the USHMM held on *April 19,
> 1993.*
>
> While *affirming* the holocaust of the Jews during WWII, Clinton used the
> backdrop of the USHMM dedication to *deny* the Davidian holocaust, and to
> make the false claim that the Davidians had committed suicide!

As usual, Ms. Valentine gets her facts wrong.  If you go to
http://www.pub.whitehouse.gov/retrieve-documents.html you can do a search
of press briefings that include Clinton's doings.  On 4-19-93 evening he did
have a private tour of the Museum.  But the actual (long planned) dedication
was
April  22, 1993.  At the time I was disgusted by Clinton's words of outrage vs.

Nazi deeds, considering his deeds at Waco. However, I have not seen
a transcript of all of his words and would appreciate Ms. Valentine's
supplying one to prove that he explicitly mentioned Waco.
    Also there have been various rumors Clinton met with the Chinese and
with Bosnia serbs on April 19.  If so, it wasn't a publiclly announced event.

> And not one of the "Never Again" crowd opened his mouth or uttered a word
> of condemnation or comment on the public slaughter of  the Davidian
> innocents just hours before!  Nor have they ever made any comment or
> condemnation since.  The USHMM's actions and non-actions concerning Waco is
> disgusting and outrageous.

**I would certainly prefer they spoke out on that subject and other
atrocities worldwide.  Writing them letters telling them they are a bunch
of frauds for not doing so, as Valentine does, certainly is not the way
to convince them!!

> Now let's look at the lie USHMM is promoting:

**I won't bother to reprint the rest of Valentine's ravings since I don't
want anyone to get confused and think I wrote them.  Almost twenty years ago
I looked into the claims made by those who deny the Nazis set out to kill
as many Jews as they could and found their arguments unimpressive. I
was impressed that the Holocaust Museum did include generous references
to the Nazi's crimes against other minority groups.
    Now there are a lot of issues that rational people can discuss regarding
the political use of the "Holocaust", Israel, etc etc without becoming either
raving anti-semites or "apologists."  I don't think Ms. Valentine is capable
of rational discourse on the subject because her mind is clouded by
bigotry and paranoia.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.kreative.net/carolmoore/davidian-massacre.html