-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

http://www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-2144.html

Was the founder of Scientology and the drug rehab program Narconon a
user of Drugs and a Practitioner of Black Magic? Was L. Ron Hubbard
working for Naval Intelligence and involved in the drug induced mind
control predecessors of MK Ultra? Are Scientologists planning to take
over the world and make it Drug-Free?

“L. Ron Hubbard was given Vistaril® by Dr. Gene Denk in his final days,
by intramuscular injection in the right buttocks. Vistaril® is a
psychiatric drug, used to calm frantic or overly anxious patients. He
died on January 24th, 1986, eight days after the fatal stroke....
reminiscent of the final days of Howard Hughes Hubbard's fingernails
and toenails were long and unkempt. His hair was long, thin and
receding on his forehead”
http://www.clambake.org/archive/ronthenut/corpse.htm

Considering that Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard himself
left behind a doped corpse when he left for the next level it is indeed
curious to note that Scientologists are to encouraged to be drug-free
and the Drug Treatment facility he began, Narconon has been in
existence for over 30 years expanding to over 24 countries and taught
in thousands of prisons and schools world wide.

L.R. Hubbard was taking a powerful psychopharmaceutical drug when he
died. But according to the Scientology® "scriptures," that he composed
evil space aliens control and manipulate Earth's psychiatrists via
mental telepathy, and "psych drugs" are used by these space aliens to
control and enslave humanity. This leaves one asking, if Scientology®
"scripture" is true, how did the space aliens finally "get at" Hubbard?
Or is there some other explanation for this hypocricy?

Born Layfatte Ron Hubard in 1911, the first indications of his
greatness was established in 1924 when he became the youngest boyscout
to be promoted to Eagle Scout. It is doubtful that his pack leader at
that time recognized that the young over achiever would one day be the
center of a whole religion, a religion that's wealth is in the same
category of many Fortune 500 International coroporations.

Although he liked to claim it was from a vision inspired from a near
death expereince It may have been L. Ron's strange relationship with
drugs that initiated his first Sci-fi fantasy, a book which he believes
laid the ground for his later philosophical achievments....
"Hubbard had experienced a peculiar hallucination in 1938, while under
nitrous oxide during a dental operation. He believed that he had died
during the operation and while dead been shown a great wealth of
knowledge."
- Tony McClelland, "The Total Freedom Trap"
"He told me it was going to revolutionize everything: the world,
people's attitudes to one another. He thought it would have a greater
impact upon people than the Bible."
- Art Burks
http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:X2umfO-1LlgJ:www.mystae.com/
streams/gnosis/magick.html ron hubbard marijuana&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Sometime after allegedley trying to bilk the navy out of permanent
disability funds for ulcers he developed well in Naval Service, Hubbard
met and befriended pioneering rocketeer and occultist Jack Parsons.
Besides being one of the founders of Cal Tech, Jack Parsons has the
dubious honor of being the only pot head with a crater on the moon
named after him.

Hubbard and Parson's shared adventerous and creative spirits, the two
apparently shared another facination, that being a taste for the occult
works of Aliester Crowley, the English magician who fancied himself the
Beast 666 of the Bibles Book of revelation.. L. Ron Jr. records that
his father had first been made aware of the works of Crowley in his
teenage years, when well visiting the library of congress in washington
DC, he discovered Crowley's infamous Book of the Law, a tiny booklet
that Crowley claimed was channeled from discarnate Egyptian deities and
promised a new era for humanity.

We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit; let them die in their
misery. Compassion is the vice of Kings; stamp down the wretched and
the weak; this is the law of the strong; this is our law and the joy of
the world.
I am of the snake that giveth Knowledge and Delight, and stir the
hearts of men with drunkenness. To worship me take wine and strange
drugs.... They shall not harm ye at all. It is a lie, this folly
against self.... Be strong, Oh man! Lust, enjoy all things of sense and
rapture ... the kings of the earth shall be kings forever; the slaves
shall serve.
Them that seek to entrap thee, to overthrow thee, them attack without
pity or quarter, and destroy them utterly.
I am unique and conqueror. I am not of the slaves that perish. Be they
damned and dead! Amen.

Crowley, as a scribe and prophet ushered in this new age, but the book
he claimed to have channeled predicted another following in Crolwey's
footsteps, would fulfill.

"...In these runes are mysteries that no Beast shall divine. Let him
not seek to try: But one cometh after him . . . who shall discover the
key to it all?"
- Aleister Crowley, The Book of the Law

According to L.Ron Jr. his father saw himself as just that individual
"when Crowley died in 1947, my father then decided that he should wear
the cloak of the beast and become the most powerful being in the
universe." In one of his later lectures, Hubbard would refer to Crowley
as "my good friend."

The use of both sex and drugs in Crowley’s form of magick cannot be
understated. In an interview with Penthouse magazine in 1983 it was at
this point his father began his use of drugs

Penthouse: Did your father take a lot of drugs?
Hubbard: Yes. Since he was sixteen. You see, drugs are very important
in the application of heavy black magic. The personal use of drugs
expands one's conscious ability to break open the doors to the realm of
the deep.
Penthouse: What kind of drugs did he generally use?
Hubbard: At various times, just about everything, because he was quite
a hypocondriac. Cocaine, peyote, amphetamines, barbiturates. It would
be shorter to list what he didn't take.

Elsewhere Hubbard Jr. states:
“I remember in 1952… while he was taking a needle in the arm,
containing cocaine. He grinned at me, winked wryly and said “Shades of
Sherlock Holmes!’
“Dad gave a lot of lectures on Cocaines or stimulants of one kind or
another. He could really get brilliant on the stuff.” (Corydon)

After being discharged from the Navy in December of 1945, Hubbard did
not head for home, where his wife and two small children were living in
Bremerton, Washington. He instead headed directly for a house in
Pasadena, California, where an eclectic assortment of people lived
including forementioned rocketeer Jack Parsons. At that time Parsons
was the head of a California Branch of the Order templar Orientis, or
OTO, a Masonic brotherhood that was headed by Crowley. According to
Scientologist sources, Hubbard at this time was hired by Naval
Intelligence who had become interested in the OTO due to a number of
scientists involvement with the order.

That Parsons was seen as a person of interest at the time is quite
obvious. Rumours of cannabis smoke and erotic rites taking place on
parsons' estate, where he had a number of bohemians and occultist
living with him, had his 1940's neighbors quite concerned and both the
FBI and local police had investigated him