I think this is so interesting.  Apparently we have bomb dogs, drug dogs and
now we have currency dogs.  Prudy

Motorist surrenders $35,000 to deputies
By TIM HRENCHIR
The Capital-Journal

EMPORIA -- Interstate 35, a notorious pipeline for drug traffickers, is
also an expensive toll road. A motorist from Texas with $35,000 strapped
around his waist can bear testament.

A Lyon County sheriff's deputy stopped the man for speeding at about
11:40 p.m. Friday five miles east of Emporia. For reasons not made
public, a deputy with a police dog from nearby Coffey County was
summoned.

The dog alerted deputies to something suspicious around the El Paso
man's waist, according to a news release read by a Lyon County sheriff's
dispatcher Saturday.
<SNIP>

The news release made no mention of illegal drugs or other contraband.

The dispatcher simply said the driver was questioned, then released. The
news release didn't say whether he was cited for speeding.
<SNIP>

Lyon County deputies weren't saying Saturday whether they thought the
seized money came from a drug deal. Numerous drug seizures have been
made in recent years on I-35, which Kansas Highway Patrol officials say
has become a pipeline for drug traffickers moving shipments to the
northern United States from the South and Mexico.
<SNIP>
http://cjonline.com/stories/041999/kan_moneytaken.shtml

To unsubscribe, email              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with this in the body:              UNSUBSCRIBE FEAR-list