-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

Bin Laden offers Europe truce
- 15/04/2004 09:01:00 GMT

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=1490

An Arab television network has aired an audiotape said to be from Osama Bin
Laden in which he offers Europe a truce if it "stops attacking Muslims".

The tape, which ran in full at more than seven minutes, also vowed revenge
against America for the Israeli assassination of a Palestinian leader and
denounced the United States as using the Iraq war for corporate profiteering.

"I announce a truce with the European countries that do not attack Muslim
countries," the taped message said as the stations showed an old, still
picture of al-Qaida leader.

There was no way to verify the speaker's identity.

Several audio and video tapes of al-Qaida's No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, have
been released in recent months, but Thursday's tape was the first
purportedly from bin Laden since September. Then, a video tape showed bin
Laden climbing down a craggy mountainside with al-Zawahri.

Ayman Gaballah, editor of Al-Arabiya, said only that the pan-Arab
television network received the tape from "our sources." He would not say
if the tape was received at its headquarters in the United Arab Emirates or
in a bureau elsewhere, such as Pakistan or Afghanistan.

"From the voice, it seems it is bin Laden, but we are not experts to
confirm it," Gaballah said.

Al-Jazeera, a Qatar-based satellite station, also aired the tape in full.
Its chief editor wasn't immediately available for comment.

The latest message said "the door to a truce is open for three months."
This time frame, the voice said, could be extended. "The truce will begin
when the last soldier leaves our countries," the speaker said without
elaborating.

"They say that we kill for the sake of killing, but reality shows that they
lie," the speaker said.

Russians, he said, were only killed after attacking Afghanistan in the
1980s and Chechnya, Europeans after invading Iraq and Afghanistan and the
Americans in New York after "supporting the Jews in Palestine and their
invasion of the Arabian Peninsula."

"Stop spilling our blood so we can stop spilling your blood," the message
added. "This is a difficult but easy equation."

This truce, the message said, was to deny "the war mongers" further
opportunities and because polls have shown that "most of the European
peoples want reconciliation" with the Islamic world.

In a reference to the attacks on the United States and Spain, the voice
said that "what happened on September 11 and March 11 was your goods
delivered back to you."

"Security is a need for all humans and we could not let you have a monopoly
on it for yourselves," the voice added. "People who are aware would not let
their politicians jeopardize their security."

The message also vowed revenge for Israel's killing of Sheik Ahmed Yassin,
founder and spiritual leader of the Palestinian Islamic group Hamas: "We
vow before God to take revenge for him from America for this, God willing."

The message said that American policy ignores the "real problem," which is
"the occupation of all of Palestine."

It denounced the U.S. war on Iraq, saying it was making "billions of
dollars" for companies, "whether those that make weapons or those that take
part in reconstruction," naming the American firm Halliburton.

Extropian Principles... the Future, Now
http://www.extropy.org/principles.htm
---

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
Lexmark
</FONT><A HREF="http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511";><B>Click Here!</B></A><FONT
COLOR="#000099">
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/aQSolB/TM";><B>Click