-Caveat Lector-

In school today, I saw my peers laughing about the massacre which happened in
Columbine yesterday. Some were giggling and joking around, pointing at people
who were wearing black, saying that they were members of the Trenchcoat
Mafia. The people who were wearing black said nothing in reply to them, but
I, one of them, was wearing black because of the deaths yesterday. Society
has raised a youth insensitive to horror, insensitive to each other, and far
too familiar with ways of destruction. All my peers at school today-- the
most they could say was, "gee, isn't that bad".. the next moment they were
laughing and joking. I don't feel that they should have been outraged and
sadden and stricken all day, but at least show a *little* compassion. My
belief is that this generation now, mine, is too callous and most likely
cannot be changed to be aware of the actuality of horror..

>  The latest trend is it not, to murder school kids....Halloween, was i
designed to terrify little children and turn murderers and butchers against
them?<

What are you talking about?

>  And what about abortion; if a woman wants an abortion, do it quietly
between the doctor and patient....now our children observe their mothers
murdering their babies.   Arent we nice and setting nice examples...let alone
Doctor Kovorkian, or whatever his name is.   He is where he belongs; they
should put him on death role to assist those condemned to die, in a more
humane manner....<

Jesus woman, Doctor Kevorkian was doing a good thing-- providing a clean
humane way for people whose quality of life and health has gone down the
drain to die peacefully and with dignity! The 'nice example'? Children, I
believe, are not going to be influenced by Doc Kevorkian.. The prison system,
for them to allow Doctor Kevorkian not to eat.. aren't they letting him
commit suicide? illegal? huh? HUH?? *spaz*

>  The movie industry is controlled by our government; the five major
publishing houses were bought by the Mafia some time back, and in 1974 World<

So the government wants children to blow people up?

>  Now here is Clinton playing another humanitarian role, while he and his
butchers of Waco and the Balkans send in armed troop virtually ready to blast
away at the school.   Can you imagine what might have happened here, if the
killers were alone in the building...and had not killed themselves.<

Let's pity the killers, those who chose, I'm almost certain beyond a doubt,
to kill on their own.. No one was shot by the police (as far as I know), and
if the killers were alone in the building.. I would expect what they did to
come right back and get them

>  The one thing that I detested this afternoon, was a young man, who said
"oh nobody liked them, they were scum"....now I wonder why these kids would
do >as they did.....who got their hooks into them, who set them off....and
why today?    These kids were obviously on drugs, and this Mafia
stuff....well how about >a few moremovies with DiNiro playing the Godfather;
he is in trouble now in Italy for criminal connections.<

Of course people in high school are going to be picked on, cliques are GOING
to be formed, always have, always will be.. the way people deal with the
taunting, with the exclusion, that is what we should concern ourselves with,
not breaking cliques.. Yes, the children should be taught to treat each other
well, give them the respect every living creature should get..  "These kids
were obviously on drugs"-- sure, they could have been on drugs, prolly PCP,
but still, not everyone who commits a heinous act is gonna be a druggie..
Mafia? Most kids in highschool don't know jack about the Mafia. Someone
mentions the word, and all they think of is a band of people who have lots of
money who kill people. 99% of them wouldn't have the patience to sit through
the Godfather!

>  A lot of evil is coming out of Colorado; from Ted Bundy, the guy that shot
Reagan, these kids, the little Jon Benet Ramsey.....the horrible movie that
got the Oscar, about the butchers which was said to be a comedy that got an
academy award.<

'Let's go to Colorado and destroy the evil! Colorado is terrible, let's put
the blame there..'
*
I don't know. This just sickens me, that the student-shooters would have that
great, apparently uncontrollable, urge to go and kill.. It's true that the
blame shouldn't be put on music, or movies, or parents, or just slapped on
society, or the government.. Or the schools? (I heard the old purpose of
schools was to make productive, law-abiding citizens)..
I've been raised in a violent household. I've made it my choice to turn from
those practices which I have seen over the past 16 years. My brother, on the
other hand, while he won't come out and denounce the violence, I know that he
is very inclined to go out and use abusive language and be physically
violent. But I'm just a high school student, I still don't really know
anything, and I should keep my nose in my academics..

-Suzy