-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

>Eric Salter is lying thru his teeth.

demented raving slander.

>The Salter frames show artifact from a very gentle and artful cleaning job.
>http://thewebfairy.com/911/missilegate/salterflash.jpgThere is
>vestigal traces of building color along the right side, where there
>used to be an almost double exposed artifact, according to the Taner
>footage.
>This vestigal trace of color is not present in the Naudet 911 DVD to
>begin with, and if it had been, it's vertical marks would not line
>up so glamorously if the footage had been deinterlaced by bobbing to
>double the number of frames. Each frame would only have half the
>info of a "real" frame, the missing added back by interpolation,
>which would lose all the subtlety seen here.

I explained the artifact on the right side of the building in the
Taner footage as "ringing" in my original article.  It's there
because the taner.net movie suffers signal degradation.  Webfairy
continues to fail to use the correct technical term even though I
laid it out for her.  Any person can digitize the DVD and get the
exact same results as I did.  Any slight ghosting on my version could
be a result of having to use the analog s-video output of the DVD
player to digitize instead of ripping the data straight from the
disk-my ripping software wasn't working.  This continued lunatic
fantasy that the degraded version of the footage is the authentic
version is an utterly laughable joke.  Ask any video professional.

>Bobbing would be the only possiblity for using the same footage,
>since the Salter frames offer 40 frames between the point where the
>object is nose to nose with the "object of knowable size" on the
>corner, up to the flash frame. The Naudet 911 DVD offers 20.
>The Naudet frames have a really acidic cleanup job, rendering the
>objects rather flat. Since bobbing turns 20 full frames into 40 half
>height once, turning it back to proper video dimension would further
>deminish the resolution, making the image flat and blobby.

of course my version offers 40 instead of 20 frames-I doubled the
frame rate from 29.97 to 60 to preserve both fields.   I said this
already.  Apparently Webfairy has a learning disability.  The Naudet
footage looks smooth because it is far closer to the original, not
because it has been cleaned up.  And "bobbing" is not an official
video term.  And she says "proper video dimension" when we're talking
about frame rate and not dimension.  Converting the 60fps file back
to 29.97fps would result only in a very slightly blurred image, a
result of the initial interpolation of converting a 240 line field to
a 480 line frame.  Flat and blobby it would not be.  Webfairy
displays utter technical incompetence.

>http://thewebfairy.com/911/missilegate/naudetflash.jpgThere is no
>chance that the lovely virgin frames with nice makeup of the Salter
>version were created from the twice-interlaced, bucked up
>pre-degraded  N911 dvd.
>I *DO* know about deinterlacing.

no such thing as twice-interlaced.

>I restored the only available copy of the Pavel footage to be seen on the net.
>My correspondant, with the best of intentions, had recorded it to a
>svhs video recorder, and then transferred it to Sony DV format.
>300,000 k  on arrival.
>Bucking up analog footage to DVD dimension is terribly destructive.
>http://thewebfairy.com/911/pavel/example.interlaced.0848.jpg
>http://thewebfairy.com/911/presentation
>http://thewebfairy.com/911/pavel/pavel.mpg
>http://thewebfairy.com/911/pavel/pavel-wide.mov
>It is useful, but the process of deinterlacing it degraded it's quality.

this is the worst version of the Hlava footage I've ever seen.  Worse
than a previous version I acquired from Webfairy's site.  Every time
you recompress a movie with a lossy codec like windows media, mpeg,
sorenson, etc, you lose data and get more compression artifacts.
Totally foolish to call it "restoration".  Webfairy shows more
confusion when she says "Bucking up analog footage to DVD dimension
is terribly destructive.".  First of all, the dimensions of signal
from svhs would be 720x486, and DV would be 720x480  (a couple of
scan lines are dropped.)  There is no "bucking up" as far as
dimensions and bucking up is not even a proper technical term.  The
loss of quality would come from the compression into another movie
with a lossy compression codec.   The loss of quality of her movie
has come from compression artifacts, not de-interlacing.  Visually,
deinterlacing will make the image look less sharp, but not blocky.
Webfairy continues to show that she has almost no understanding of
video.  That she has convinced anyone that she's a video expert puts
her on par with the greatest con artists in history.  I suppose she
has that to be proud of.

Eric

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/vseplB/TM";><B>Click
Here!</B></A>

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/