-Caveat Lector-

"....an unarmed and defenseless Citizenry soon becomes a nation of misabused
slaves."

ROCKY MOUNTAIN SURVIVAL GROUP
- AN INFORMATION CLEARINGHOUSE FOR SURVIVAL & SELF-RELIANCE-
"The Right To Keep & Bear Arms"

RMSG believes in & supports the original U.S. Constitution & Bill of Rights.
However, we also believe it is wise to keep track of what those who would
pervert, subvert or destroy it are saying and doing. Since we believe that
(as history has repeatedly shown) an unarmed and defenseless Citizenry soon
becomes a nation of misabused slaves, the disarmament groups and laws
restricting law abiding Citizens from keeping & bearing small-arms of a
conventional and technically equivalent nature pose a very real (although
possibly unintentional) threat to the security of our nation, its people,
and our way of life.

RMSG believes that the founding fathers of our nation held all forms of
government in suspicion, yet recognized them as a necessary evil - to be
kept in check by the people they governed. We believe that the intent of the
second amendment to the Constitution, in complement to the provision that no
standing army be kept for a period greater than two years (Article 1,
Section 8:12) and the further provision to call forth "the Militia to
execute the laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections, and repel Invasions,"
(Article 1, Section 8:15) clearly indicates that the right to keep & bear
arms was not intended to apply merely for sporting activities firearms. We
believe that every able-bodied man was expected to keep a serviceable
smallarm of current design and ability, and a sufficient supply of
ammunition for it, in the event that they be called to service in the
militia. This could reasonably be expected of every man as the smallarm
served the dual purpose of protection & provisioning in those days. While we
are no longer required to hunt for our food anywhere other than our grocer's
aisles, none of the other factors requiring ownership of weaponry in those
days have changed in relation to modern times. There may not be any Indians
left fighting for their way of life and their lands, but there are gangs,
drug lords and criminals fighting for their way of life and their "turf! "
And they are as indiscriminate and ruthless as any of the raiding Indians of
old - and a great deal less honorable or admirable.

Since Article 1, Section 8:16 provides for the "organizing, arming, and
disciplining the Militia," we do not believe the 2nd Amendment assumes we
have the right to cannons, mines, atomic bombs, tanks, and other weapons of
mass destruction, but we do believe the right to keep & bear arms includes
rifles, pistols and shotguns of a similar design and capability to those
used by the military services of the world. The establishment of a permanent
standing army, is in direct conflict with the powers conferred by the
Constitution. The National Guard & Reserve system may be viewed as being in
line with the Constitution, yet the individuals making up this force do not
own or keep their small arms weapons, nor do they bear them, unless involved
in tactical training. Their "issue" small-arms are kept in a locked armory
with limited and restricted access. They can only familiarize and train with
their weapons when the government "allows" and instructs them to. Not
exactly a formula for success!

Our forces met and defeated an army of superior numbers and equipment in our
revolutionary war largely because of grim determination - but it would have
been unlikely that they would have succeeded if they had only been allowed
to familiarize themselves and train with their weapons only once every six
months or so! These people lived with and used their small arms on a daily
basis. Even the most avid hunter and sportsman today cannot make that claim,
with very few exceptions. This is not true of our friendly neighborhood
criminal. You can bet that they know all about their weapon, its use, and
its capabilities.

meg

http://www.artrans.com/rmsg/megsed/2nd.htm
Bard

Visit me at:
The Center for Exposing Corruption in the Federal Government
http://www.xld.com/public/center/center.htm

Federal Government defined:
....a benefit/subsidy protection racket!