http://www.healthpress.com/excitotoxins.html
Title: Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills
Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills
By Russell Blaylock, MD

Cover of book
  Nutrasweet (Aspartame) has been scientifically linked to brain tumors, brain cell damage and neurological conditions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. According to author Russell Blaylock, MD, a practicing, board-certified neurosurgeon, we are witnessing enormous damage to the brain and nervous system due to the ever-increasing amount of Nutrasweet and other excitotoxic subtances added to our foods.

  With detailed accuracy citing well over five hundred scientific studies, Neurosurgeon Blaylock explores the "must-know" dangers of these substances being added indiscriminately to our food supply.

  Mike Wallace of "60 Minutes" and his research team used the book Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, as one of their sources to report on the increasing evidence of a brain tumor connection. Their December 29, 1996, program didn't, however, delve into the enormous epidemic of illness caused by the increasing use of these substances. Dr. Blaylock's book exposes it all in detail--from the questionable history of "approvals" in the 1970s and the 1980s to the increasing body of evidence showing serious brain effects, government inaction, and industry propaganda and cover-up.

The use of aspartame, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, and monosodium glutamate in prepared foods and beverages continues to increase on a yearly basis. Dr. Blaylock clearly demonstrates that the neurotoxic potential of excitotoxins such as MSG and aspartame (NUTRASWEET ) is so overwhelming that it can no longer be ignored.

Table of Contents
A Crash Course in How the Brain Works - Very Special Amino Acids - What Is an Amino Acid? - Exciting Cells to Death - Effect of Excitotoxins on the Developing Brain - Creeping Death: The Neurodegenerative Diseases - Alzheimer's Disease: A Classic Case of Excitotoxin Damage - Seizures - Headaches - Brain Injury - Strokes: Ischemia-Anoxia Hypoglycemia - AIDS Dementia - Aspartame, Brain Tumors and the FDA

You can always take it out later!
Hassle-free unconditional lifetime guarantee! If you are ever unhappy with your purchase, for whatever reason, simply return the book to us for your money cheerfully refunded!
No risk, no hassles!

Read a Sample Chapter!

Was $17.95 -- $16.15 with the special internet discount!

0-929173-25-2, Trade Paper 6x9, 300 pages, Index, Illustrations, Glossary, References, Notes, Appendix; Contains a List of Sources of MSG.

View Your Shopping Cart

Refer this site to your friends
Your Name:
Your E-mail Address:

E-mail Address To Send Referral Message To:

contact us!

Health Press
Health Press Home

Reviews and Commentary for Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills.
Have you read this book? Write a review and let others know what you thought of it!

This is an electrifying and important book that should be available to every American consumer.
          --Wilson Library Bulletin

This text will be of most interest to those serious about protecting their health, as well as to medical professionals.
          --Biosis

For people who are MSG sensitive and who suffer with migraines and other symptoms of MSG-toxicity, this book provides insight that is understandable to the layperson as well as the medical professional. For parents of hyperactive children, children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder, or children currently taking Ritalin, this is absolutely "required reading".

When one comprehends the reaction of the growing human brain to the influences of MSG as an excitotoxin, it is not difficult to recognize how our children got to this point and why they are suffering (right along with parents). Gerber Graduates baby food contains Hydrolyzed Protein (a "hidden name of MSG"), and most processed and convenience foods also contain MSG in one form or another. We are poisoning our children while we are poisoning ourselves.

For more information, visit the Migraine Website for more information on Hidden Names of MSG, Symptoms of MSG toxicity, how to avoid MSG in food, and other links for information.           H. M. Borzelleca