-Caveat Lector-

What gives us the right to kill Serbians?

We're morally superior?  We're a superpower and we can kill whoever we
want.  Serbian lives are worth less than American/NATO lives? The end
(getting rid of Milosevic) justifies the means (the murder of civilians)?

OK....We're bombing for reasons based on geopolitik.  Milosevic is a loose
cannon...a potential bad boy who will make problems for all of our
"allies" in the area.  So, the way to handle Milosevic is to establish a
military presence in the Balkans.  We'll be the cop on the beat keeping
everyone from slaughtering one another.  And just to make sure that
everyone behaves...we'll arm everyone to the teeth....back one side (the
Albanian "freedom fighters") rather than the wicked Serbs.  Great. Sounds
like a winning policy!!!

I know this might seem like an absurd idea....but why don't we stay out of
it and mind our own damned business.  Why is it in America's longterm
interests to play policeman in the Balkans?