-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 07/02/1999 5:58:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 The group, which included actor Warren Beatty, the industry
 spokesman, Jack Valenti, the Paramount chairman, Sherry Lansing
 and the producer Jerry Bruckenheimer, has become disenchanted
 with President Clinton, who recently took the film industry to
 task for its depictions of violence. After the private meeting at
 the home of Terry Semel, the Warner Bros chief, Republicans were
 optimistic that Mr Bush might have made substantial inroads into
 the Democrats' wealthy Hollywood power base >>

Now the thought that a bunch of actors and movie industrialists would leave
the Dems for a chance at more money and more feel-good conversation really
upsets me.  How could I bear to have a political thought that is different
from Warren Beatty?  After all he is Shirley's brother, and one can tell from
her books, that everyone in that family is completely credible.  I think
Hollywood was best described by the author of "Deliverance" when he was asked
at a writers' workshop just what Hollywood was like.  He had been there for a
while to write the screenplay.  He said he had never met so many people with
so much money who were so stupid.  It was a beautiful moment of astounding
truth, wasn't it?  As for how Hollywood thinks or votes, I'm just relieved to
know that any of them can think on any level, and wish everyone, everywhere,
would vote.  Prudy