-Caveat Lector-

I don't disagree with you, n.

As a matter of fact, skinheads did not become a reality in my life until
one day, when I was living in Kentucky, I accompanied my family to the
supermarket near where we were living.

It was a sunny afternoon, just another peaceful southern day in dear old
Dixie, or so I thought.  My wife and my children were crossing the parking
lot when a gang of skinheads in a dilapidated Chevrolet cut in front of
us.

Since I'm of English and Native American descent, I look vaguely
hispanic..but my wife and one of my children look recognizably hispanic.
Needless to say, these "Aryan warriors" quickly went into their routine of
name-calling and jeering, mouthing the few Spanish words that they knew.
The morons thought they were hurling insults in Spanish--but they couldn't
pronounce the words correctly.

Now, you can imagine my feelings.  I am a son of a disabled veteran
who took several hits of shrapnel for this country on Omaha Beach.  I'm
descended from twelve generations of Americans... the first European
member of my family landed in Virginia in the seventeenth century.. and my
Native American ancestors have been here long before the ancestors of
these twits got the brilliant idea of leaving their hovels in the old
country.

After a few words were exchanged, I quickly got my wife and kids
safely into the car when a police officer arrived on the scene, sending
the skins on their way.

My family was understandably shaken.  And I had to explain to my children
how race is still an issue in the consciousness of millions of Americans.

But it's sad that my children who, by the way, write poetry, love
classical music, and get straight "A"'s at school, have to live in a
country in which they can be accosted at any time by bigots.

After that incident, I decided to arm myself.  When the safety of your
family is at stake, you have little choice.  The level of insanity
in this country seems to be escalating.

Personally, I would like to see all of these separatists,
neo-confederates, feudalists of various stripes, racists, hatemongers of
various persuasions form their own separate little country....  They could
elect Trent Lott or Bob Barr as their President or Chairman....perhaps
call their paradise- Dixie Land...no that sounds too much like
a theme park.   Well, I'm sure they could come up with a name..and just
leave the rest of us alone.   Why not give them Alabama Georgia Florida... they
would be happy there, I'm sure...plenty of sunshine...