-Caveat Lector-

I could care less about our trade with
other countries, I only have some articles
that reference that, to highlight what is actually
happening right here at home - in America.

What would happen if a state were to get the jump
on Organic Farming (which takes Three Years to
certify for) and then Organic Farming takes off to the
exclusion of other types of farming.  Where will this
leave the small American farmer?  Can we look at
what has happened and keep it from happening to
us and our families - or will we be poisoned
financially and our children physically.

Sunday, July 4, 1999 Published at 19:35 GMT 20:35 UK
             World: Europe
             Violence erupts at Belgian
             farmers demo
http://news2.thls.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid%5F385000/385622.stm

Dioxin Homepage
http://www.enviroweb.org/enviroissues/dioxin/index.html

-Why these are here ---
Small farmers are trying to compete with these large
farms, which are large enough to also own a "cousin"
organic farm, in competing
small farmers are using a lot of chemicals.
What could the future hold for the small American family
farmer if they keep using the amount of chemicals that they use
and then food starts being tested for the level of dioxins that
it contains?
             Wednesday, June 2, 1999 Published at 16:31 GMT 17:31 UK
             Sci/Tech
             'Faster, cheaper' dioxin tests  needed
http://news2.thls.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_359000/359059.stm

The next set of links are on the following page.
http://freeweb.digiweb.com/science_fiction/ThePiedPiper/bacteria.htm#Pollution -
and - Misc. Chemicals

Pollution -and-- Misc. Chemicals

          Top
          Leavenworth, Stuart. "Coastal playground turned killing ground." The News

          and Observer. Hog Lagoons "Other coastal regions - from Hong Kong to
          Venice to the Chesapake Bay - Have suffered from similar problems.
Maryland
          and Virginia are spending millions on a campaign to clean up the
Chesapeake,
          and in Florida, state and federal regulators are trying to control
fertilizer runoff
          into the Everglades National Park." "But Paerl, the UNC marine scientist,

          noted that overfertilized waters can breed many kinds of toxic algae and
          bacteria."
http://www.news-observer.com/nao/neuse/neuse3main.html

          Greenwald, John. "Hogging The Table." Time Magazine. 18 March 1996. 02
          March 1999. "rain-swollen lagoon spilled 22 million gal. of hog feces and
urine
          over the countryside."
http://cgi.pathfinder.com/time/magazine/archive/1996/dom/960318/agriculture.html

I know that California has had problems too.  That pollution
has gone into the Rio Grande.  That the Valley region in Texas
has had children born without Brains, I do not have that article
and do not know how much of a connection was made to
chemicals.

Then *
California's agricultural problems seem to have come from
some Corporate dairy farms.

Does anyone know where I can get a list of American
news paper links?
Piper