-Caveat Lector-

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Bill wrote:

>Weather experimentatiion began heavily in the forties here
>in America...plenty of information available....genocide has
>been going on forever....B

Cloud seeding (with limited results) hardly qualifies as 'weather
experimentatiion [sic]'....

And while 'genocide has been going on forever', that has little bearing
when discussing overall weather patterns, and whether what is currently
happening is indeed 'unusual' or 'abnormal'....

Show me your weather data encompassing not only decades, but centuries
and millenia, and then let's discuss what may or may not be 'unusual' and
'abnormal' within the greater weather scheme...

I was born in 1953...my memories of my childhood growing up in southern
Connecticut include Christmases where there was always snow on the
ground, indeed I was able to utilize such presents as sleds and skates on
Christmas Day....

And yet my memories as an adult (over the past 20 or so years) are of
Christmases where there was rarely snow....

Now, I could sit back at the age of 46 and say 'the weather has changed,
because I remember snowy Christmases from my youth'....but is such a
change 'unusual' or 'abnormal'?   Could the snowy Christmases of my youth
have been 'unusual' or 'abnormal' instead?

Or perhaps southern New England goes thru a weather pattern encompassing
4 or 5 decades, where snows early in winter are followed by winters where
snows come late (if at all)....

Perhaps such a pattern is part of a greater pattern encompassing a
century or more...one would have to research weather records going back
to colonial times, to see if perhaps this is the case...

And then look at the data gathered via tree rings, fossils, etc., to see
what weather patterns have occured over the past 1000 or more years....

Only THEN can ANYONE with any authority state 'what we are currently
experiencing' is 'unusual and abnormal', or just par for the course as
part of a long-term weather pattern....

I'm more than willing to consider that some entity is manipulating the
weather...but without HISTORICAL DATA, such discussion is meaningless,
since such conjecture doesn't have a norm with which to compare....

June ;-)

*=======================================================================*
                          Kite

                So many things you want to see
                And as you ask I'll set you free
                But as you fly
                You'll touch the sky
                And touch the heart
                Within me

                          Fly away.

                    -- Bob Childs
*=======================================================================*
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
                        revcoal AT connix DOT com
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to this email
 address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of
 $500.00 US currency for reading and deleting such unsolicited commercial
 email.  Sending such email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants consent to receive
 unsolicited commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial
 email.