-Caveat Lector-

>From TheNation.CoM

> September 20, 1999
>
> Links and Resources Related to the War on Drugs
>

> The Lindesmith Center
>
> The Lindesmith Center is a drug policy research institute that seeks to broaden
> the debate on drugs and drug policy. It hosts an ongoing seminar series, and
> offers on-line registration to receive notices of their upcoming events and
> publications. http://www.lindesmith.org
>

> The Drug Policy Foundation
>
> The Drug Policy Foundation is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to
> creating reasoned and compassionate drug policies. DPF members support
> comprehensive, legislative and regulatory reform of our nations drug laws and
> work to publicize the failing "war on drugs." http://www.dpf.org
>

> Common Sense for Drug Policy
>
> Common Sense for Drug Policy is a nonprofit organization dedicated to expanding
> discussion on drug policy through questioning our existing laws and educating
> the public about alternatives to current policies. http://www.csdp.org
>

> Families Against Mandatory Minimums
>
> Families Against Mandatory Minimums is a national organization of citizens
> working to reform federal and state mandatory sentencing laws. FAMM educates the
> public and policy makers about mandatory sentences through media outreach,
> grassroots campaigns and direct action. http://www.famm.org
>

> ACLU Drug Policy
>
> The American Civil Liberties Union Freedom Network believes the best way to deal
> with drugs is through regulation. The ACLU opposes criminal prohibition, not
> only because of the current policy's failure to deal effectively with the drug
> problem, but also because they subject otherwise law-abiding citizens to arrest,
> prosecution and imprisonment.
> http://www.aclu.org/issues/drugpolicy/hmdrugpolicy.html
>

> National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
>
> NORML is the principal national organization dedicated to ending "marijuana
> prohibition," by advocating the decriminalization and legalization of marijuana.
> http://www.norml.org
>

> The Drug Reform Coordination Network
>
> The Drug Reform Coordination Network is an organization of concerned citizens
> working for drug policy reform from a variety of perspectives, including harm
> reduction, reform of sentencing and forfeiture laws and the medicalization of
> some drugs. http://www.drcnet.org
>

> North American Syringe Exchange Network
>
> The North American Syringe Exchange Network is an organization dedicated to the
> creation, expansion and continued existence of needle-exchange programs as a
> proven method of stopping the transmission of blood-borne pathogens among drug
> users. http://www.nasen.org
>

> Marijuana Policy Project
>
> The Marijuana Policy Project is a Washington, DC-based organization that is
> exclusively committed to lobbying for marijuana-law reform on the federal level.
> [...]

A<>E<>R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said
it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your
own reason and your common sense." --Buddha
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled
one is truly vanquished. -Johann Christoph Schiller,
                                       German Writer (1759-1805)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that
prevents us from living freely and nobly. -Bertrand Russell
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Everyone has the right...to seek, receive and impart
information and ideas through any media and regardless
of frontiers."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will
teach you to keep your mouth shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway
Forwarded as information only; no endorsement to be presumed
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.